• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia}
    Nymf

Nerine was still a strange place to Nymf. It was the farthest west in Beqanna that she’d ever been and the salty air still stung her nostrils and dried her eyes. Coarse sea grass grew in abundance all around and, yet, it still felt foreign upon her tongue. She found herself craving the sweet taste of the soft petaled grass common in many of the surrounding realms.

Since the time she’d been a filly she’d been taught the nomadic ways of her ancestors. Never traveling in a grouping larger than four, she’d learned the importance of stealth and family. Being in such close quarters to such a multitude of unfamiliar faces – she had yet to adjust. The sounds of the herd’s daily activities filled the area and, up until now, she’d found herself watching them from the confines of her cave. It was hard to feel welcome among them when so many surpassed her own meager abilities.

As her conversation progressed with the queen herself, however, Nymf’s apprehensions slowly melted away. Far from the structured ruler that she’d presumed, Hestia seemed almost relaxed amid her people. Ashamed, though she was to admit it, she knew very little of the history behind the coalition she’d inadvertently joined.  

Hestia spoke eloquently of her wish that Nymf was enjoying her stay there with them and the pale woman couldn’t help but smile. ”My stay has been very beneficial,” Nymf offered by means of encouragement. ”I came to this land in search of an escape…and I think it’s safe to say that I found exactly what I needed, even if it wasn’t exactly what I’d been expecting.”

She knew her words probably made very little sense to Hestia – and it was abundantly clear that the black mare and Volcan hadn’t shared much information between them. It was almost encouraging to her. For once, she felt like she had a clean slate.
    teach these broken wings to fly 

@[Hestia]

Messages In This Thread
    ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-05-2018, 11:11 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-09-2018, 11:06 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-11-2018, 10:16 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-20-2018, 06:36 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-22-2018, 07:34 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-28-2018, 08:06 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 04-07-2018, 06:41 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 04-16-2018, 03:44 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 04-22-2018, 04:25 PM