• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I'll shiver like I used to [any]
    She's scared, that much is obvious. Even without the way she holds herself, avoiding looking at him until he's right there, her scent gives it away. He looked himself over, wondering if he'd managed to grow a new head, or turn green since the last time he looked at himself. No... well, that was good. He watched her mildly as she gathered hr thoughts, standing a short distance away. She seemed to not agree with his opinion, that the scenery was lovely. Ah well, it was perhaps not for everyone. Gods knew he wasn't about to actually touch the sea again. He was just fine with his inland pool, thank you very much. The black sand glittering under the surf was pretty to look at, though. He shrugged his thoughts away, focusing more on the distressed female before him. Things made more sense at her admission of not having lived here long. It was plain that she meant here, as in Beqanna, not just Tephra. 

"Raewen? How pretty. Where are you native to?" He asked politely, honestly curious about which land had produced such a skittish woman. Had something very traumatic occurred, to make her so afraid? He knew trauma. Was familiar with the ghosts that lurked on the edge of a damaged mind. Perhaps... well, maybe he could help her, the way Amorette had helped him. If she wanted any help, that was. Her next question, spoken so low he had to strain to hear her, was in reference to his own history. 

He wasn't really sure. He knew he'd been blind for a year, before that... things weren't clear. He'd lived two years of life, but had really only been gone a month... bah. It was past, that's all that mattered, right? "I've been here... oh, a bit over a year, I'd say. It's really not a bad place, once you get used to it. You'll see things you probably thought were impossible. You might even get a little impossible yourself. But there's so much possibility... You could be a queen, or a warrior some day. Or settle down in some quiet corner, build a family. You have that choice." He wasn't sure why he was saying all of this. Wasn't it a kind of stating the obvious? Perhaps not. It hadn't been obvious to him. When survival was your greatest struggle, everything else lost importance. But he was doing much better now. He could consider the possibilities life offered for himself. 

He smiled warmly back at the lost woman, hoping it wouldn't distress her further. His old gift of rhyme wanted to be used, and so he picked up his sing song poet's voice, making a couplet up as he went. 

"Be not afraid, dear Raewen red
    Abide with me in peace, instead." 

The words left his lips, not knowing the subtle gift they now carried. He was expected a rolled eye, perhaps a scoff. Best case scenario, she might actually smile at his bluster. That was typically how others reacted to his spontaneous poems. Anything to break through the cloak of fear the woman seemed shrouded by. 

@[Raewen] I can edit if you're not ok with him using his Charmspeak on her. Otherwise, feel free to interpret the poem into her 'charmed' reactions Smile

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-02-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Bragi - 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM