• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I'll shiver like I used to [any]
    She had heard him approaching, of course, and her ears had been glued in his direction ever since she had first caught the slight sound of hooves on wet sand. Her common sense told her that no one who meant her any harm would approach so calmly or so openly, but fear has a way of eroding the voice of reason. Her chocolate-colored eyes are wide and unblinking, trying to pick the stranger up in their peripheral vision while not looking outright. His scent takes a while to reach her, as the sea breeze drives it away from them into the island. He smells like this land - the acrid smell of sulphur mixed with the salt spray of the sea, but it is the heavy scent of his gender that worries her most. She had very few interactions with stallions in her previous life. Many had been geldings and all of them had been tied up, unable to reach her. Some had been cordial enough, but others had been crass and their words had fueled her nightmares for weeks after. Now here was one, untethered, approaching her in this alien land. What was she to expect?

His words give her excuse she needs to snap her eyes to him (she hopes this appears to him like she is snapping to her senses from reverie, but she lacks any potential for acting). He is large - much larger than her, and young. She is relieved, at least a little, to see that he appears to be normal with a light tan and white pelt and no odd additions or accessories. His words are lost on her at first as she takes all of this in, and she stares at him with a blank look for a moment before realizing that she should be saying something in return. Embarrassment supersedes fear for a moment and she looks away, frazzled, trying to recall what it is he had said. Something beautiful? Surely he did not mean her - she looked positively a mess. Perhaps the sea? It did not seem beautiful to her, just another obstacle keeping her from home. 

After what seemed like minutes (but really was only a few awkward moments) she looks back up sheepishly. "Nice to meet you... Bragi was it? I'm Raewen." Her voice is barely audible over the usual din of the beach. She may be scared, but she had to be polite. "Yes... I've not been here long." What were a couple of months really? She eyes him suspiciously, wondering what a typical interaction between two inhabitants of the same land usually consisted of. She had always been on her own, and her usual small talk and pleasantries did not transfer to this land. She felt highly underprepared for this new life she had been forced into. She attempts a friendly smile and tries her best casual voice. "Have you lived here long?"
    raewen
    and I'll shiver like I used to

@[Bragi]

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-02-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-04-2018, 03:12 PM