• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Well, I know my little brother pretty well, and if you were to ask me, I would tell you that he is an emotional creature, he just happens to not have the slightest clue as to how to deal with them. As of right now, he was going through a bit of a angsty teenage phase, though I would never admit that to him - especially since these days, it feels like I'm going through the same damn thing. Except I happen to be over twenty years old... But I still look the part of a youthful girl, thanks, immortality.

Anyway.

I wonder at the way his shadows pause in their rush to greet me with tickles and kisses, as I have become used to when he and I reunite. It's unsettling, watching such an intrepid part of my brother hesitate and balk at the sight of me - I have no idea why that might be, but it disrupts my mental balance, and for the rest of our walk together, I can't seem to recover it.

But he's there with his shoulder pressed against mine, supporting me as I fumble along (mostly with my words).

You are my light.

I smile gently at this admission - so tender coming from his still-velvety lips - and lean through the shadows he has cast around us to plant a kiss on his slender cheek. I'm used to his playful uses of his magic by now, and in fact I like them - far better to have it this way, than to revert back to his nightmares and internal dilemmas.

Why must we always fight it?

I sigh at this question, one that cannot be answered with a simple kiss. "I'll tell you why, Khae."

We round a curve in the worn pathway that approaches the forest, trees already dotting around us more frequently than before.

"I'm sure dad has told you lots about our family - especially about Grandma Rou and Grandpa Rhaego, but I'll bet he's mentioned Uncle Rodrik, too." I pause in my answer to his question, laughing a little. "You're named after them, actually, just like me. Kagerou, Rhaego, Rodrik. K-hae-drik. Mine's more self explanatory."

"Anyway, I'm off topic. Uncle Rodrik grew up in the Jungle with dad, and he was a sweet, normal boy, with a love for his family that exists still to this day... But time has treated Uncle far differently than it has Father."

My mind's eye travels to that golden man, affection and warmth radiating from my heart at the thought of him. I love him so.

"Where dad found love and a family of his own, Uncle found... well, he ruled the Chamber, a kingdom of evil in a Beqanna you will never know. And from then on he's been... different. He stopped trying to find the light, he stopped fighting, like you said. And he's... He's worse than your shadow creatures, Khae."

"He looks like the devil, but I know he has the heart of the child he once was. He's been around again lately... We met not long ago."

"Maybe I should introduce you two. You'd get along."
    I dig my shoulder into his a with a small grin, hoping he'll get the joke.

He comments on my scent then, and I frown... What one earth is that supposed to mean?

"Different?... In what kind of way?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Khaedrik]
    What would you think if Khaedrik's shadows were able read Kag's DNA or something magical like that, and then they talk to Khae, and Khae has to tell Kag that not only is she pregnant, but that she'll die once she has the kid :|
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik - by Kagerus - 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM