• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dry eyes in the pouring rain || sabra & any
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    Amorette is quick to stay by his side (a loyal woman, through and through) and the winged man offers his dear confidant a comfortable smile as she remains. He may be a king, but he has always valued the opinions of others and hears them wholeheartedly - no matter who they are.

Sabra’s words causes the man to short sharply in response. She is more than he had predicted (more fierce, more strong-willed), which encourages him all the more. She is unwavering, calculating and thoughtful. However, in her strength, her thoughts are misplaced. Tephra didn’t need anyone or anything. Of course, it made sense that the forest of Sylva would be on their side - the wood would stop anyone from getting close to Tephra’s shores. However, they have done fine without the defense from Sylva, and they would continue to do so with or without an alliance. If anything, Warrick has appeared because of the strength that resonates in Sabra’s core, and that his respect as a leader himself has recognized the greatness within the new queen. He came here to solidify their standing, not to debate if the two countries were worthy of the alliance at all.

However, the Overseer understands her reason for prodding and questioning, so with a simple toss of his head, he quickly arranges his thoughts.

The familiar voice of Amorette captures his attention for a moment, a smile finding his navy lips. She is quick to defend their reason for being in Sylva (was everything about politics and war? Could they not merely solidify the peace that already seems to stem from the two countries?), but he knows that it would be silly to think that his relationship with the late king and queen would resonate within the new ruler.

“Unless you feel being enemies would be a better option,” he presses, with a sideways look towards Sabra that holds a bit of curiosity, a bit of amusement in the gleam of his blue eyes - not at all a threat as it leaves his lips. He is all business, of course, but he wonders if she is capable of the humor that normally finds him so well.  It is merely the only other suggestion - for if they were not friends, what were they? The queen of Sylva is already more than he has anticipated - with her opalescent coloring and grand visage - he would rather keep the peace than begin a war over frivolities. “You are wise,” the winged-man observes with a rustle of his wings, his eyes on Amorette momentarily. “Do not trust what you do not know. You do not know me - not how I would like you to - and so are curious of our intentions. I hope someday you will understand  my word is my truth.” He pauses, his cerulean gaze flickering to the moonlit queen, wondering to himself how he could possibly gain Sabra’s trust. With a tilt of his head, he gently adds: “If you or your people are ever in need, I will show you personally the loyalty that resides within Tephra and extend it to you. If that moment ever comes, you will see that I am more than just words, Queen Sabra.”

The Overseer finishes with a slightly raised brow, a quick flick of his tail against his auburn flank. There is no need to come to an agreement in this very moment - Warrick is anything but impatient.
    Warrick

@[Amorette] @[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dry eyes in the pouring rain || sabra & any - by Warrick - 03-27-2018, 06:39 PM