• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ.
    He's got music blasting out of his blue chevy, the windows rolled down, one hand hanging out of the driver's side with a cigarette clutched there tightly. The phone in his other hand blings as a text comes in, I'm coming!!, but it's another two minutes and a new cigarette later before a figure appears exiting the apartment building he's parked at. Nihlus grins at the sight of the other man, appreciating his narrow hips and skinny chest, such a little thing, and beautiful, too.

"Hey sweetheart," he says when the truck door slams. Nuage looks terrified if he's being honest with himself, but that's okay. Nihlus flicks his cigarette, then leans across the space between them to place a warm kiss on the other's lips. He's leaving again quickly, grinning at the way his counterpart trails after his retreating lips - such a perfectly needy boy.

"Are you ready?" He's pulling out of the parking lot regardless, the cigarette smoke wafting through the car despite the open windows. While he's busy maneuvering the streets in search of his grandma's house, the two chat easily, as lovers are wont to do. About five minutes in, Nihlus frees up his left hand by tossing the butt of his smoke, switches hands on the steering wheel, and moves to firmly grip Nu's left knee. His thumb brushes up and down his thigh mindlessly.

When they arrive, there's a shitton of other cars. Nihlus looks to Nu, watches as his face falls in even more terror. "You said it was only family!" Nih grinned, squeezing Nu's thigh and opening the truck door. "I might not have mentioned the size of said group." The doors slam again, and they walk around the truck, meeting in front of it. Nihlus wraps his arms around Nu's thin shoulders, standing a good foot taller, having to bow his head far to look into the boy's beautiful blue eyes. "Will you forgive me?"

They spend a while kissing before actually making any progress towards the door.

Reaching out to intertwine fingers, and squeezing when the other looks at him as if he's crazy, Nihlus opens the front door and they walk in.

For a while, there's not much time for Nihlus to say anything to his partner - he's busy waving over heads at some distant cousin, hooting some profanity at another, or ruffling the heads of nephews and nieces. But it's not long before he's coming up to some rather important figures.

"Brennen!" He exclaims upon sight of the elegantly dressed gentleman. Releasing Nu's hand (and praying to god that the dear boy doesn't burst into tears without him to hold on to), Nihlus grasps Brennen's forearm and pulls him in for a good man-hug. "Good to see you here, I hope everything at Ice Incorporated is going well. Sorry I had to leave ya, tell the guys I miss 'em."

He turns to another then, his mother, Noori. It's a sort of sheepish but content smile that graces his lips, and he allows himself to be kissed and snuggled and preened for a minute or two. "I love you too ma, and yes of course I'll introduce myself to Trekori. No, I haven't crashed my truck, and you're silly for worrying." He leans forward, planting a kiss on the tiny woman's forehead.

Next comes Scorch, and he grins at her more openly. "Hey Grandma. Good to see you again." Scorch nods easily, a knowing smile dancing across her lips. They've shared some special times together... But more on that later.

When Nihlus realizes that the man standing next to his mother is Trekk, the father of the majority of his siblings, Nihlus pulls a half-assed smile and waves lamely. "Hey man." What else is there to say.

Finally finished with the hellos in this area of the house, Nihlus steps back and re-clasps hands with Nuage, who has presumably not yet died of terror. "Everyone, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Nuage." Scorch smiles wider and nods, and Noori absolutely beams. "It's lovely to meet you Nuage, you're the first person Nih's ever introduced to the family!" It's a bumbling mess from his mother as usual, but she means well and Nih squeezes Nu's hand encouragingly.

When all the fuss dies down, Nih steers Nu towards the kitchen, where there's bound to be something to drink and help his boyfriend relax. There's a guy in there, but he's just leaving for the patio, so they don't get to exchange many words past "hey."

"How are you doing, baby? You were amazing out there." He plants a kiss on Nu's temple with the words before turning to the counter loaded with booze. Then, as he's pouring them both a rum and coke, his half brother walks in.

"Takei," He says, unsure of whether to grin and embrace the red-headed man or to simply nod and pretend like their mother wasn't a slut. Instead, he compromises, handing Nu his drink and then draping his arm over his shoulders. "This is my boyfriend, Nuage. Are you bringing anyone today?"

Well, so much for subtlety.

Messages In This Thread
    The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Scorch - 02-20-2018, 02:06 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by kahzie - 02-21-2018, 05:54 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Noori - 02-21-2018, 08:07 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by gun - 02-21-2018, 08:36 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Nihlus - 02-22-2018, 02:32 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Hestia - 02-22-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Nuage - 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Volcan - 03-02-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Leilan - 03-07-2018, 03:30 PM
    RE: The First Annual Scortoni BQ BBQ. - by Ea - 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM