• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold fast to the break of day || any

Where many would shy, so Saedís places her faith; where many would take heed to the subtle warnings of flesh and words, so Saedís will remain unjudging, sinking beneath the surface without realizing how close she was to drowning. How much pain will you stand, star-ember, before you stand against them? She is a young tree constantly victim to a wind that is eager to break her, and she will ignore the closeness of the rocks beneath her until she is strewn upon them. Take great care with her, Warrick, for she is as fragile as glass.

Her eyes are reflections of the ocean as they settle on Warrick, searching for something that lay beneath the surface; the instinct is involuntary. As soon as she realizes how long her gaze has lingered on the stallion, she quickly turns away, the traces of a smile her apology. Her eyes entertain the gathering shapes of waves against the moonlit shoreline, and her recovery is soft.

”Stronger perhaps. But the ocean is a fickle lover – and she might just as soon lead you astray.”

But for the honesty behind her words, so matches step for step the nostalgia she cannot place. She understands his need for answers, did she not stand with a kingdom once, and love it, and watch it birth and die? But she could not have, not within the short five summers she has called her life! Fitting then, it seems, that the shining starlight of her coat so resembles the gray of fog, that she should be a passenger in her own life thus far. Perhaps that is the reason she falls so quickly into the shadow of others, into the supporting arms of those who may or may not mean her well, seeking some stronghold for which she may one day stand on her own. Her attention reverts to Warrick with its ever questioning patience, and already she is beginning to trust, for it is her fate that she must.

Rather it is her curse.

”I look to those I admire, those who love me and who have given me their trust”

Her words are starsong on the night-breeze, and she smiles softly. Saedís remembers Wound, soft-spoken and astute and how the mare had spoken so highly of their king. She had placed her trust in the bay – and surely, his other subjects must have to.

Messages In This Thread
    hold fast to the break of day || any - by Warrick - 02-19-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: hold fast to the break of day || any - by Saedìs - 02-20-2018, 12:28 PM