• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't weep for me, because this will be the labor of my love.
    Whatever strange magic wraps Librette is the same magic that pushes Covet along, plucky and ageless. Until lately, anyways.
    That same magic made Covet a tiresome, evil beast. But that's gone, and all that's left is raw Covet.
    Raw Covet that loved Librette in her own way.
    Raw Covet that loves their children, all three of them, though the twins more than all.
    Raw Covet that feels Librette's absence like an arrow through his heart.
    He doesn't cry, not in front of Thorunn, who openly weeps. She is still a child, but she tried so hard not to. Her lips trembled, her eyes glazed, her breath quickened. She tried so hard to hold the tears in and not let them destroy her carefully constructed mask. But the mask cracked and she is crying over a mother she loved, and who loved her back.

It will be some time later, alone next to the heart tree, that a single tear falls from his clouded orange eyes.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't weep for me, because this will be the labor of my love. - by Covet - 06-17-2015, 09:00 PM