• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ilma, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I drift somewhat out of the conversation as Ilma delivers gentle questions to the eager and receptive Solace, but I pay attention nonetheless, invested in the relationships I have formed with each of the mares before me.

Solace suggests a trip to the lake then, and I smile eagerly, stepping forward. "I believe we shall. You'll be amazed, Ilma. It's like nothing you've ever seen." We walk and talk then, at ease in each other's company in such a way that leads me to truly believe that Ilma belongs here. In the privacy of my mind, I try imagining her elsewhere - in Tephra, where the group is harder and sharper - in Nerine, where women are practically breaking their necks making oaths to one another - in Sylva, where she would have no company - in Loess, as a herdmare to their king (or their once king, though I have heard no news of his fall from the throne yet).

No, none of those places would suit her like this one does.

I snap back to the conversation at hand when Solace lends me a grave glance. I nod solemnly, wholeheartedly in agreement. "Yes. As of right now, we have very few warriors, and next to none that have been tested, though Solace and I are going to be taking part in the Alliance in the coming year, as I mentioned to you in the field." I have been watching the scenery change before us, but I look now at Ilma directly. "But do not feel that there is no room in the diplomatic caste, as surely there always will be. The more diplomats, the more recruits, the more warriors, the stronger we are - it generally doesn't work the other way around."

Turning a curve around a large elm tree that stands alone at the foot of a mountain, the lake comes into view. It's large, still waters are sapphire-blue, reflecting the sky above like a mirror. The clipclop of their hooves echoes softly in the basin, and all in all, the lake has an ethereal effect. I smile again, in love with this place, as always. "Welcome to the heart of Hyaline."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 12:44 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-14-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-16-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-19-2018, 04:43 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-21-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM