• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Got Nothing
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    In all honesty, I only appear so blatantly youthful when the public eye is upon me: this open field, the business of those around us, it all renders me into a bit of a bumbling idiot. But I know that, in private, I am mature. I must have been alive for over a decade now, but physically I have remained at my peak, my coat gleaming, my muscles strong. I appear far younger than that which I truly am; a few more years, and perhaps my suspicions will be confirmed. Now, however, I still question my immortality - but it is a fleeting thought.

As for a mother, I have found one in another companion already, but the melody of this mare's voice and the way her eyes meet mine kindly is equally as comforting and pleasant. I perk my ears as she speaks again, attempting to sooth my heart as it threatens to overflow with excitement and energy.

At her comment about my wings, I blush and grin sheepishly, looking back at them as they shuffle and twitch. "You've got me pretty figured out, Ilma." I toss my eyes back to her, the breeze pushing my black forelock into my eyes whimsically. "I have an ability where... And I know it sounds weird... What I dream becomes reality." My smile falters for a second, but I put it back in place, knowing that if this mare wants to succeed in Beqanna, she will have to get used to far stranger things than my simple ability. "I happened to have dreamed I was flying just before you showed up. A happy coincidence!"

Ilma's successive request makes me want to smack myself in the face for my excitability in the public eye, and for my nonexistent impulse control. But I just laugh at myself, shrugging it off; she does agree to fly with my after all, so I must be thankful in great part for that mercy. And now, I owe the alabaster woman some explanations.

"Excuse my mind, it gets confused with so many people around. But to answer you questions: there are six kingdoms. Tephra, Loess, Nerine, Sylva, Ischia, and where I'm from, Hyaline. Each kingdom is large, a full ecosystem I would say, big enough to fit mountains and lakes and forests into. Currently there are no warring kingdoms - there used to be many wars, great and awful, but the gods of Beqanna disapproved, and changed the land so that those evil kingdoms were no more. Now, we are rebuilding; in my opinion, there aren't enough warriors in all of Beqanna for there to even be the idea of a war."

I take a breath and continue. "Hyaline, however, is not like to ever partake in a war, unless it is in support of one of its allies. Our mission statement is to be a sanctuary, to shelter those in need - children especially, but in the recent years, all kinds of refugees have been welcome. My family included. Now, it is not just our shelter, it is our home." I smile. "And there's plenty to do - we have a diplomatic caste and a war caste, each with their own duties to look after. Personally I'm a diplomat, but there is a large competition coming up, Beqanna wide, called the Alliance. I'm hoping to be chosen as a champion for Hyaline."

I laugh again, at myself as always. I have spoken up a storm. "Is there anything else you'd like to know? I don't mind staying and talking with you for some time, there's no rush."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-08-2018, 03:33 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-08-2018, 05:03 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 02:17 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 02:27 PM