• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  Round 5: The Escape [&4th place]
    <i>Drip drip drip</i>

The water pools in the corner where the ceiling leak steadily fills the puddle.

<i>Inhale</i>

Breathing must slow, control is vital. The pulsing blood thrums in her ears, blocking her ability to think straight.

<i>Cackling</i>

Whipping her head around to search for the source, it sounds as though its coming from every angle in the corridor. <b>Wh-who’s there?!</b> <i><b>Valensia</b></i>, that voice, she knows that voice!

<i>Spinning</i>

Gritting her teeth, she pushes off the door frame stumbling forward until her shoulder slams against the opposite wall. The dizziness makes it hard to hold anything down and it doesn’t take a minute for it to come up; the little content she had spills on the floor splashing on her feet.

<i>Scraping</i>

She can’t see anything to make out what is happening, but the squeal of rusted steel lets her know she must get moving NOW. Her arm wrapped around her stomach helps to stabilize her from retching all over the floor again. Stumbling forward she sloshes through the putrid mess without a second thought.

<i>Stumbling</i>

Folded over on shaky legs her steps are short and the cold stone floor scrapes at her toes. Her hands run along the wall searching for any break in the monotony of bricks. As each step brings her nothing Valensia becomes more and more frantic. Grabbing further and further away from her body trying to bring the end of the wall closer. <i><b>It’s no use Valensia</b></i>, the voice carries through the corridor and she jerks up turning to search the darkness. Gasping she stumbles backwards disoriented and without direction. <b>What do you want?!</b> fists clench at her sides as she throws her full body into the scream. <i><b>You, chica</b></i>, no.

No, no, no, no, no! her breath hitches, its impossible! He would never! Terror courses through her veins, suddenly the drugs don’t matter all that much. She just needs to run, franticly she darts into the blackness going as far and as fast as she can. Whimpering she glances over her shoulder several times forgetting to pay attention to where she is headed. When she hits another wall, she begins clawing at it trying to find any way around it. <i><b>You don’t</i> really<i> want to leave.</i></b> He’s right over her shoulder she can feel his breath tickling her ear. Nails bleed as she pries a brick loose from its mortar. Clutching it in both hands she holds it close to her face prepping to swing it. Before she can though the warmth is gone leaving her alone once more in the darkness. Gripping the brick takes all her effort as it grows slick with the blood.

<b>I’ll get you</b>, she hisses, spittle flying from her clenched teeth. Walking backwards along the wall it doesn’t end when she expects it to. The corridor seems to be a lot wider than she remembers from stumbling out of the door. Her eyes strain against the dark searching desperately for something to orientate her position. This place might as well be empty for all she knows about it. Footfalls shuffle somewhere echoing all around her. Valensia begins panting heavily unable to keep control any longer. <b>Please! Just tell me what you want, I’ll do anything!</b> Her desperate plea is met with another chuckle, this one low and gleeful as if he is getting ready to close in on her. Each step carries her further into the unbidding darkness, leaving her with less and less familiarity. As if anything was familiar to begin with. <i><b>I’ll give you one hint, you spoiled fucking brat</b></i>, the voice seethes with hatred. Who had she offended THAT badly. Her back brushes against smooth metal and she knows it must be a door. One hand lets go of the brick making it possible for her to search for a knob.

The pitter patter of little mice has her heart pounding loud enough that she is surprised this creep hasn’t heard it yet. Finding the knob her sticky fingers turn it. Shoving all her weight against it she falls into the room her mouth open in shock. She needs to cover her eyes so that she can get used to the dim lighting. How long has she been in the dark? Quietly as she can, Valensia creeps over to the desk. The soft carpet underfoot makes it easy to keep from drawing attention to herself. It looks like a study, full of books, files, and knickknacks; a leather chair, and cherry wood desk sit in the center. Like everywhere else there is no windows, the light comes from a floor lamp in the corner. How can someone even consider setting up in a place as dank and cold as this?

Looking down at the open files spread out on his desk she notices photos of her. She snatches them up after setting down her brick, flipping through them rapidly. Some of them crumple in her nervous grip and others smear with the grime on her hands. There is one of her hugging her brother, another of her on the docks with her lover. Those ones she takes a lingering moment to look at. She must get home to her loved ones. <i><b>Oh where, oh where could she be.</b></i> It sounds so close, the sing song chant making her jump slightly. She gathers up the materials scrambling to find a flashlight before he gets in the room. She can hear him approaching the door. Shit, she left it ajar. Looking at each wall she scours for some nook she can hide in. The closet catches her eye. Scurrying over to it she grips the handle when she notices the stain her hands are leaving. Fuck, she curses in her mind, Valensia has merely seconds before he will turn the corner and see her. Ducking under the desk she holds her breath as the door creaks open further. Squeezing her eyes shut tears prick at the corners. <i>Please don’t find me… please don’t find me</i> she can hear him open the closet. The tension in her arms becomes excruciating. <b><i>Valensia</i></b>, WHERE had she heard that voice before?! He jaunts to the desk rifling papers above her head. The frantic nature of his search grows, until he growls and swipes everything off including her brick. She clamps her hand over her mouth preventing the gasp to escape. <i>Please don’t see it</i>, but its to late. She watches as slack covered calves turn and walk over to it. Long fingers pick it up for a moment all is silent, and she has no way of knowing what he is going to do.

He walks back over setting the brick on the desk, she takes this moment to breathe adjusting the waistband of her pants that holds the file and flashlight securely to her body. That’s when he chooses to reach his arm under the desk and pull her up by her hair. She squeals and sobs tears running down her face. <b>Please, please no, please don’t do this</b>, the words come out broken and her hands claw at his wrist trying to get him to loosen her hair. Kicking out at him, twisting and turning her sobs continue uncontrollably. <b><i>Shh, shh, its okay. I have you darling. No need to worry. I’m right here</b></i>. She quiets a little unsure of what game he’s playing at. <b><i>That’s it</b></i>, he croons rancid breath heating her face. She struggles a few more times, but he doesn’t budge. <b>What do you want with me?</b> the whimper is choked with tears. <i><b>Oh, Valensia doll, you are so beautiful. Can’t you remember me?</b></i> Squeezing her eyes shut she shakes her head. No, she didn’t want to remember.

Then it comes to her. She takes a second look at him, an eye patch, with a bald strip of mutilated skin on the side of his head. No way… He sees the realization on her face and grins menacingly. <b><i>That’s right, Val.</i></b> He pushes her back against the desk leaning in, grazing her creamy throat with his rotten teeth. <b>Erik?</b> she whispers. Bending still further fighting to get away from him she feels the brick digging at her back. Stilling, she forces herself to relax, her fingers drifting down to either side of her on the desk. The filthy pig, but if she doesn’t do this then there goes her chance to get away. Slowly she reaches behind her, his hands chasing hers, lacing his fingers with hers. She gulps, shit. He pulls away looking down at her gloating at having won. Before he can do anything else she mashes her lips to his, doing her best to hold down the bile threatening to rise into her mouth. She untangles her fingers one hand reaching to pull at his hair, hoping its enough to make him think she wants this. He takes the bait pushing himself against her thigh. Dear god it’s so disgusting. Her other hand scrambles reaching for the brick. When she has it, she pulls away from him breathily laughing. He mirrors it with his own. But before he can do anything she uses the brick to bash his head in.

Screaming as he crumples to the floor she doesn’t stop. Falling on her knees over his limp frame she pounds the brick against his skull, blood spurting into her mouth, her eyes, her nose. All she can see is red, and she can’t bring herself to stop. Not even when all that is left is pulp. Most of it on her. When her arms give out from the burn she falls back. Each breath labored and coming from her mouth. Her voice to sore, all that comes out are raspy whimpers. She moves back into the corner wrapping her arms around her knees. <b>What have I done?... Oh my god, what have I done</b>? Rocking on the balls of her feet she lets the sobs wrack her body.

Settling herself takes longer then she thought it would have, and when she does become settled she finds her muscles are cramped and aching. The last of the shudders exhales with her breath and she bends to pick up the files. One photo in particular slips from behind the one of her taking a shower. She takes a closer look at it. Pulling it under the light of the lamp. Fingers shake as they cover her mouth. <b>Oh my god</b>, it’s a police reports photo of the boy Erik. A gunshot wound large enough to blast half the small boys face off. Why the fuck would this sicko have that? Tears fill her eyes; she would never forget that day. He had saved her, the gunshot had caught the attention of the police and the exchange had left one of the gang without an… she looks to the bloody mess in front of her, but it’s gone. There is nothing there except the remains of a broken lamp. Oh god; her stomach lurches and she can’t hold back the vomit dripping down her colorless jumpsuit. Looking down at her arms the only blood there is, is from her nails, the rest of her is drenched in sweat. Its just sweat, not the blood and guts of a human being

<i><b>Do you understand now?</b></i> Now she places the voice. The gruff call for his boys to follow him down the alley that day. <b>Y-you.</b> she trails off hoarse from screaming. The man doesn’t look as if she’d done anything to him. His eyepatch still neatly in place and the lines of age and hate mar his features making him contorted and ugly to her. She begins backing away, reaching her hands out behind to guide her way. He continues to stalk towards her eating the ground between them with each step. When she feels the door behind her she darts out running blindly into the dark. <b><i>You will never escape, you little bitch!</i></b> It’s booming now, just as she remembers. Never had she thought this day would come for her. She thought she had moved on from the events that took place so long ago, but apparently someone had been stalking her the whole time, waiting to take her and make her pay for her sins. The boy would still be alive if it wasn’t for her. It’s because he met her that he is dead, if she had just been able to stay silent long enough.

Her body pulses with the effects of whatever it was that he used to drug her, and she isn’t sure just how long she has before it will make her pass out. The stomp of boots on stone echo behind her. He’s coming, and there is nothing she can do to stop him. She trips in a puddle but scrambles to get up running before she even manages to get to her feet. She can’t stop, not now, he’s so close, to close. The going is slow, she needs a door, any door, somewhere to hide. Anything to help her kill him. Something. But when she manages to get to full height the flashlight clatters to the floor. Yes! Finally! She lets out a relieved sigh. Snatching it she tries to flick it on, but it doesn’t work, she switches it a few times, when that doesn’t she smacks it against the palm of her hand. No no no no not again! She screams once more pulling at her hair.

She can hear him, just behind her. Taking a swing all that happens is her stepping in the puddle of water once more. She spins around, <i>What’s that</i>. Her eyes dilated, she refuses to close her eye lids fearing what might happen. <b>Leave me alone, PLEASE!</b> she sobs into the darkness. How the hell is she supposed to win this sick game?! <b>At least tell me the rules!</b> that seems to get a response, <b><i>well you’ve already figured out who I am, I presume.</i></b> He pauses and she guesses that he expects an answer, <b>yea, you were the punk that was going to kill me after you killed my friend!</b> The approval rings out in his slow clap, <b><i>very good chica, you’ve also figured out that I’ve been watching you for a very very long time. Now just make your way out of here and you will win</i></b> She thinks for a moment, how to make her way out of here? She puzzles. <b>There are no doors</b>! she screams stomping her foot in a fit.

She can hear the rustle of his clothes, he’s to close, she must begin moving again. Taking off she ponders his words, make her way out… make her way out. The laughter follows her, make… she places her hand on the wall. With a deep breath she closes her eyes drawing a door where her hand is in her mind. Opening one eye she glimpses at the result. It worked! She rushes through the door, but not before he grabs her hand, she tries to yank away, bracing herself on the door as it cuts into her arm. She gives a hard pull, scraping, and bruising her arm, but it manages to bring his hand far enough in to bite at his wrist while the rest of her body pushes against the door. She rips into his skin tearing and shredding flesh between her teeth. The growl lets her know that its working. <b><i>Bitch, you can’t escape me!</i></b> One last gush of blood floods her mouth and the door slams shut disappearing. Collapsing against the place it had been just a moment ago, she takes in the fresh air slumping there with her eyes closed. It’s over, it’s really over. The metallic taste isn’t as sharp when she spits out the chunk of flesh she had taken.

Valensia takes in a few more ragged breaths before opening her eyes. What she sees is the white of the page with her name in blocky letters next to her. Her soul sinks in despair, <b>NO!</b> she screams. Part of her wants to give up, whimpering, <b>I just want to go home</b>! She curls up on her side hoping that she can wake from these nightmares and by laying snug between her brothers, father and mother who all love and dote on her every whim.

Messages In This Thread
    Round 5: The Escape [&4th place] - by The Creator - 02-06-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: Round 5: The Escape [&4th place] - by Ceara - 02-07-2018, 03:24 PM
    RE: Round 5: The Escape [&amp;4th place] - by Valensia - 02-07-2018, 11:54 PM