• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~

Something stirred in the kingdom a change rippled through like a stone being cast into the sea. The smaller waves leading to the larger force that crashed upon the beach. A call went up from some distant place carried itself over the kingdom. It would seem it was the time for another gathering. It seemed that Nerine was a kingdom of nothing but meetings, whining, and hiding. The residences came and went with the tide almost.  
    There was an energy in the air and it carried, along with the voice as it went out calling them all to gather.
    Spring had come to Nerine the flowers and grasses sprung to new life that was sure to fade with the coming of summer but, then the summer plants would overtake. The sea cleared in the springtime and looked inviting to those that would play within it.

Ardashir could not hold himself higher than anyone in the matter of activity or slipping into the background to just exist. The call came and like always he was loyal and came to it joining the others at the gathering. He listened to this new queen. The white stallion was not surprised by the fact that Isobelle had seemingly run off. The scents of interlopers and strangers had been in the air for months. He thought to himself that maybe that is why he had sought out a quiet place for himself alone almost on the edge of the kingdom. The young stallion had no idea how to make Nerine a better place. He should go out and try to get other mares or stallions to join that would be a good start. He flicked his tail slowly as Hestia the black mare talked to them all.  

He had not known that his home had once been a place only for women. Or, had he heard something like this before in a speech from another? Ard was not sure anymore but nevertheless he still listened. The history of the kingdom and the lands of beqanna might be offered up to him so he could learn more. Hestia mentioned Isobell leaving. Ard only flicked his ears and might have twitched his nostrils some at the news. He did not know Isobell well enough to make any judgement on her but, a queen should not just walk away. He had to think back on that a moment though. Her mother had done the same thing just walked away and left the girl queen so, maybe this was just a pattern repeating. He hoped for change with Iso and he found himself wanting to cling to the same thought as Hestia talked.

Hestia talked about the old world and Ard looked around wondering who like the new black queen had been part of that world. He took note of how there might have been a hint of sadness in her speaking of the old but, that might have been his own mind placing emotions where they did not belong. He could not stop himself as the mention of positions came up once more as it had in the other meetings. He let a soft hiss slip past his front teeth before silencing himself and standing at attention. He would fight for this place if any here could prove to him that is was worth fighting for. He had seen two queens just up and walk away from Nerine so if they cared so little about this place why should care.

She mentioned though an opportunity to accompany her to other kingdoms. Ard pricked his ears forward to that verse. Hestia also mentioned the fighting pit and Ard would be sure to throw his flesh into that hole as well.  The time came for the end of the speaking on the queens behalf and the floor was opened to those that gathered. Ard did not step forward at once but waited a moment for others to perhaps offer up their voices.  The young stallion offered his voice to the air when it seemed the right amount of time. “ I will fight and train in the ways of combat. But, seeing two queens simply just walk away from our Kingdom has left some of us with a bit of a bitter sting.” He was honestly not sure about his own words. “ Though I could be wrong and, those among us here could just not care who leads and who promises what. I will fight for this kingdom as long as those that lead will fight for it as well.” He looked to Hestia, “ I will go with you if you will take me to the other kingdoms as well. I need teaching and I want to see this world I was left in.” He stepped forward as he looked at the black queen, “ If you would have me and teach me. I will serve you for as long as you serve Nerine and the people that call her home.” He did not bow his head like he had with the other queens but, it was not out of disrespect

Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..

OOC- Ard does not have a kingdom of preference to visit but he would like to help out in going. Also, throwing him into the fighting pit cause he needs training there as well. 

I would like to throw his name into the hat for Champion if I may.
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Messages In This Thread
    IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Hestia - 01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Ardashir - 02-02-2018, 02:48 PM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Scorch - 02-03-2018, 01:47 AM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Volcan - 02-04-2018, 09:46 AM