• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace;
    It’s cold when she peels away from him. It’s a raw feeling like his skin has been ripped from his body. Castile stares after her, wanting her close again, wanting her warmth to mingle intimately with his. ”Solace,” he chokes her name, a quiet whisper, as she looks at him with those radiant blue eyes. She is beginning to understand, but now he is having regrets. He wanted to be honest with her, to prepare her, but now he wants to take it all back if it means holding her longer.

(Take her)

”I…” he doesn’t know how to respond, how to not frighten her more than she already is, ”I don’t know.” Because truly, he isn’t sure. It’s like his vision turns a scarlet red and he loses grip on reality, on everything he has ever known. When it surfaces, it isn’t Castile anymore.

Their touches – so passionate, filled with a deep wanting – has already fueled his adrenaline, given life to the shackled creature. ”I’ve always wanted you,” but she was always out of reach, always a forbidden fruit.

(She’s ours now)

Castile can hear the pounding of his heart in his ears; it’s deafening and nearly blocks out the chatter thickening Hyaline’s air. He steps forward – a confident, prowling movement – to be close to her again. His chest leans into her shoulder, his head craning across her neck. They are entwined so beautifully, so passionately, that he is forgetting about the world around them. When he breathes, he is drinking her in. Addicted. He has always been addicted. ”Solace,” he murmurs her name again, silkily, lustfully, and doesn’t realize how his wings are changing shape. The feathers recede to expose thin, reptilian skin. A talon punctuates each arm as they reach to somehow hold her.

(Take her)

The hissing voice is louder in his head.

A primal urge is seeded in his mind. He wants her, needs her.

The warmth of her body is intoxicating and he can’t help how his eyes drift shut and how his mouth opens to softly caress the arch of her neck. It all seems right as they fall peril to their desires (if only he knew she wanted him, too).

(Mine)

The voice is overwhelming now as it takes over and clouds his every thought, his every instinct. It elongates his teeth and cracks his bones. It rips through his skin with scales and spines. It consumes Castile.

Its mouth is still on the crest of her neck, its jagged teeth pressing to her skin, its hooked talons stemming from the wings holding her, cutting her. It could easily take her now, rip her, destroy her, but the voice it has always fought against is now reversed. It is no longer the hissing subconscious – Castile is.

(Don’t hurt her)

There is a desperate plea in his voice that somehow breaks the primal barrier of the dragon. Unexpectedly, it unlatches its grip on Solace, growling as its size continues to increase with the finality of the shift. Dark plumes of smoke spiral from its nostrils as it steps away from her, every footfall quaking the ground underfoot. Its talons churn the soil, ripping it with every inch of movement as it reels back to look at Solace with mismatched, slit pupils. There is nothing kind in its expression as it is forced to look away. A bellowing roar rips from its core before launching itself into the air and melting into the gray clouds overhead, sparing her this time.

Hopefully this is ok! I know we wanted to wrap up the thread and you were fine with something happening to Solace, but nothing detrimental Smile If not, let me know and I can edit the post

Messages In This Thread
    Solace; - by Castile - 01-19-2018, 08:58 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-24-2018, 02:18 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 02-04-2018, 10:17 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 02-22-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-08-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM