• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace;
    Castile doesn’t consider himself powerful, or even impressive, when he mentions his parents; he doesn’t even glance back to watch Solace’s reaction because he doesn’t entirely expect one. For a long while, he opens up to her, but he isn’t sure why. For years, Castile has kept to himself and never fed into someone’s curiosity for him. Each individual knew him in a different way.

Ivar is a childhood friend and their mothers are friends as well.
    Ciri knew him as partially a dragon boy, one that she decided against when Amet lingered on her mind.
    Heda knows him as only a Regent and a friend of Ivar.
    Karaugh knew him as the monster she unleashed.

In reality, only Ivar truly knows him and even then, there are many things between them that remain a mystery.

So, why he indulges Solace, he doesn’t know. There is an easiness about her, a blissful air that follows her as they swirl together among the clouds between the kingdoms until Loess calls them downward.

They land together in a harmonious dance before coiling their wings neatly to their sides. A brightened glance finds Solace’s delicate face and his gaze dwells for a long moment before forcing himself to blink away and look at the rolling hills of Loess. ”It holds my heart,” he agrees after a heartbeat of thought, ”but I’m not sure if I could find a place there. A matriarchy doesn’t have much space or use for a stallion.” An airy chuckle tumbles past his lips. The thought has previously crossed his mind, and although he doesn’t seek a crown, he at least enjoys playing a role and being someone.

”I guess I will see how young Lepis feels when she is older and ask if she would have use for me or not.” Remaining a soldier is his primary objective, one in which can often be beneficial in a herd, but he can only hope that the looming darkness inside doesn’t consume him.

With a nod of his head, Castile guides Solace toward a small pond where he swallows a full gulps of water. When his thirst is satisfied, he levels his mismatched eyes on her again. ”Ruling may not be easy, but it seems that you excel at it.” A boyish grin and a lofty sigh punctuate the compliment.

Messages In This Thread
    Solace; - by Castile - 01-19-2018, 08:58 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-24-2018, 02:18 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 02-04-2018, 10:17 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 02-22-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-08-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Solace - 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: Solace; - by Castile - 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM