• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us; any
    olid;" cellspacing=10 cellpadding=15 width=500>

If she must place him in myth, she thinks, then let him be that sad, savage king whose long hunger spared Scheherazade´s life. Or let him be Lancelot, twisting into himself in dark places, his mouth hot and his hands cold.

Were Garbage a creature of slathering jaws and wolf-sharp fangs; perhaps he wouldn´t be talking to Saedís at all. She wishes she could help him in some way; in her dreamer´s heart and sky-bright eyes there is no room for the darkness that lurks so comfortably inside of Garbage. She is of innocence and dreams and a thousand fickle things made of sunshine and the brightest of lights.

”I am sorry” Winter´s sorrow embraces the whisper of her voice; makes lovely the words that are otherwise laced with defeat. She can sense that the question pains him somehow, as if some old scar she has unwillingly and unknowingly ripped fresh. She can hardly bear to meet his gaze again, not when she feels so naked within it.

”Please forgive my bluntness.” She forces herself to meet his gaze then, and the ocean-depths of her eyes shine with torment above her struggling smile – for it is in her nature to never want to cause pain or hurt in another. But she mustn´t worry so – for he has already moved past the subject.

She wonders, as his mind travels where she cannot follow, who or what it rests on. And it is concern, not apprehension, that alights her brow and sighs along the gentleness of her features; a wisdom beyond her years that seldom surfaces, and her childishness is suddenly sober. But is it your duty, little dreamer, to heal all those who are broken? How she yearns to! But it is not her business the ghosts (or ghost?) that haunts him, and she turns from his gaze again.

The subject of kingdoms a less complicated one, and though Saedís knows little of such things (and she too – would be unfit of kingdom life, for she holds no other power than the innocence of her heart)  – she guesses that it is a much more harmless subject and so she simply asks;

”Will you tell me of this place, then? I know nothing of her story, or how things work around here”

SAEDÌS

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us; any - by Saedìs - 01-20-2018, 09:15 PM