• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wanna hear my beating heart one last time; levi.
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

She stopped, but she did not speak. Her eyes stayed steadfast on the path ahead of her, blindingly heading anywhere she could that would get her as far away from Tephra as possibly as she could. She had known that one of them would follow her - whether it was Levi or Warrick, she could not be sure - but she had known from the start that she would not get far before she was caught. And yet, she did not have it within her to forgive and forget. To put away her anger, her frustration. Her sheer loneliness at the situation that she led. The one who meant the most to her - the one she had grown up with, sheltered her, loved and cared for her - would not only lie to her and keep secrets from her, but that he would think that this interpretation of orders was okay.

She snorted, her flared nostrils and sheer boredom settling into her bones as she angrily put out his mane and tail again, snuffing out his fire, and taking away his smoke. Her ears are the only thing that show her attentiveness to her brother - but otherwise, she is still as stone. And she realizes that there is another focus here too.

Warrick did not come.

Was he with Tangerine? What was so busy that he did not care for her any longer? A lightning bolt went off in her head and her face became truly angry for the first time. There was something different to holding it inside, and putting on a serene face - she knew how to play the political game. But this was no longer about Tephra - this was about her, and about all the shit that went on around her that everyone thought she was either too stupid, or too young and naive to know about. Ceara was not a child anymore. And she wished that they, Levi in particular, would stop treating her like one.

"Karaugh was someone's mother. If Reagan had been captured... Would you have treated her like that? Would you have treated MY MOTHER like that?!" Ceara screams at him, teeth bared. Ceara and Levi were only half siblings, but it was never something they talked about. They were family, through and through. Except now, when Levi was a stranger that Ceara no longer recognized.

That fact caused a lump of emotion to rise to her throat, and she choked on it.

"You disobeyed orders. I don't know what they were, but I know for a FACT that Ellyse would not have have said for you to SUBJECT yourself to being fed from that FAT BAT!" She huffs, before sobbing outright...not sure if her emotion was coming from being kept out of the loop, from Levi not trusting her, from what she saw in the cave, or from Warrick not being the one to come find her.

Maybe it was a mix of both.

"Did you fuck her, Lard Ass? I hope it was worth it. I hope you got your fucking rocks off." She was spitting now; hot angry tears streaming down her face in earnest. "You know, I'm not a child anymore. I may not know the ins and outs of Kingdom Politics, but I know that what I saw in that cave was wrong. On every level." Ceara stops and turns to him, her active power on holding his fire in check keeping him from re-lighting his hair. "I thought I knew you better than that, Levi."

"I thought you knew you were better than that."

She sniffs. And takes a single step towards Nerine. Towards anywhere.

And yet, she is not sure she has the heart to move any longer.

She is not sure of anything anymore.

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

@[Levi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wanna hear my beating heart one last time; levi. - by Ceara - 01-15-2018, 07:27 PM