• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where would I be without you[Diable Rouge, Any]
    The sound of quick, heavy footsteps draws Wound’s attention away from the multicolored mare in the midst of her introduction. It’s a stallion, racing toward the pair of them, and the silver bay takes a few nervous steps backward. Although his facial expression is one of enjoyment, she is exceptionally nervous of strangers with a child swaddled among the embrace of tissue and blood within her womb.

However, he is quick to embrace the feathered mare and Wound suddenly realizes she is caught in the middle of a reunion. Her immediate reaction is one of embarrassment, warm on her cheeks and burning in her belly. It blossoms into a springy feeling of happiness for the couple as she watches the way they embrace one another and murmur sweet words in each other’s ears. Eventually, as they continue to whisper, Wound’s joy dims into a feeling of momentary sadness.

Although she has a child created out of a union that was not angry, it will not be born from the type of love she craves.

The type of love they have.

Wound barely catches their names, lost in her bout of loneliness. A star of a smile spreads across her face nonetheless and her coffee eyes glow warmly. “You two seem very happy together.” A happiness she pines for, a happiness she might one day get. Aurora’s question causes the silver bay’s ears to prick forward again. Wound is grateful for the inquiry; she doesn’t wish to intrude on their moment and yet she is glad they include her into it.

“I’ve been in Tephra since summer, but I haven’t been very good at meeting others who live here.” Aside from Femur and Longclaw and Warrick, she knows little of the other inhabitants here. “I hate to intrude on your moment, I’m sure you have plenty of catching up to do.” She is caught in a limbo between getting to know the pair more (which she desires greatly) and walking away from the situation to save for another day (which she won’t hesitate to do, should they ask for it).

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Where would I be without you[Diable Rouge, Any] - by wound - 01-07-2018, 12:15 AM