• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't you ever tame your demons - anyone

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    She is a child still, but there is something about her that draws the eye. Ivar had allowed himself a moment to look her over, but despite a sense of something familiar and just-out-of-reach he had seen nothing more than a blue-eyed child. When she is older, perhaps he will look longer, but for now he wass easily able to return his gaze back to the silver-haired stallion.

At least until the girl speaks up, asking after his scales, and he glances back down with a faintly amused smile.

“Because I belong in the water,” he tells the curious filly, “and they remain to remind me of that even when I am on dry land.” The hard scales had been the stallion’s first indication that he was not as ordinary as he might have thought; it only makes sense that they remain a constant regardless of his proximity to the sea. The springs of Loess are a passable substitute, but the distance has always grated on the scaled stallion. Ivar had come to Loess for Heda, and it seems now that she is the only reason he remains.

“No need to apologize,” Ivar tells both the father and daughter. “Curiosity is how allchildren learn. Or so I hear; my first children are due this spring.” he admits to being unfamiliar with the ways of children. His own memories of childhood are bright and idyllic, as those of a boy raised in privilege often are. But they are also distant – does he know how to raise a child? What if he can’t, if he fails?

Ivar shakes the thought away with a shake of his own head, and returns to the first question that Imperial had asked of him.

“Loess is well.” In need of diplomatic ties, he thinks, as it has always been. He’d passed on the responsibility and now finds the task incomplete. Ivar is not surprised at the ways of kingdoms, but he is disappointed. There is always so much to pull at him. He says none of this to Imperial, of course, but it flickers in the depths of his dark eyes as he looks down at the filly.

“Deiti, was it? It’s nice to meet you.” His tone is charming, smooth without ever approaching unctuous. Ivar cannot help it; it is simply his nature.

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't you ever tame your demons - anyone - by Ivar - 01-05-2018, 11:32 PM