• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past // any

S O L A C E

His eyes do not meet hers, they are soft and strange and she finds herself watching them for a moment too long. The newcomer's other senses seem to be working overtime. He is cautious, and rightly so. Even though she is no threat to any of Hyaline's residents, Solace does not begrudge him his wariness. 

"It's nice to meet you Takie." 

A frown flickers across her face, her eyes saddening momentarily at the discomfort she has caused the stallion. She watches as he collects himself after what had turned out to be an overbearing question. Moving on gracefully, he mentions Keeper, and Solace is not surprised that the pony-mare has been wandering to the Field. The name of her friend brings a smile to the young Caretaker's lips. She missed the sight of the shifter, but it was good to know that her time away had been productive. 

Before she can say any more the sounds of someone approaching brings her attention away, and she is pleasantly surprised to see yet another unfamiliar face.

"Kagerus, welcome. I'm Solace, the Caretaker of Hyaline. What you have herd is correct - we are a peaceful kingdom, and while we do maintain a guard for the protection of our residents, these mountains are a Sanctuary. " She directs her comments at both of her new acquaintances, halfway through turning her head back in the direction of Takie. She assumes that he will be able to tell by the direction of her voice that her comments are also meant for him. 

"You are both welcome here, and I would love to meet your friend too, Kagerus." 

The bay woman's comments bring the young mare unexpected pleasure - to hear that horses in other kingdoms and the common lands have been speaking of Hyaline as a sanctuary, just as Amet had intended, justifies all of her efforts. Her pale face turns, and her cerulean gaze casts off above the still waters of Hyaline's heart.  "I sometimes feel these waters are charmed, and the breeze that crosses over its surface is always sure to calm and soothe my mind."

"I hope you all will come to feel the same way about our Lake." 

caretaker of hyaline

@[takei]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 12-21-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-03-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM