• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

In this, Ceara is confused. The words he says, and the ardor he shows as he presses into her skin presents a palpable tension that was as thick as the seafoam that congregated at the shoreline. It was also just as salty. But despite all that, there was a lingering sadness that showed Warrick was holding something back.

Something he was not ready to give.

Would he ever?

This mental dance that they were playing - one that was not just minds, but hearts and bodies as well - was exhilirating. It was tiring. And she wasn't sure what was going to happen next. All she knew was that her devotion to Tephra - and to Warrick - meant that she wasn't going anywhere, and that was something he was going to have to get over.

Because Ceara did not run from her problems.

Rather, she ran into them head on. She was catty like that.

A single tear trickles down her cheek, and from where she stood staring over his shoulder, that single point of moisture probably landed on his body. She was too focused on her thoughts to notice. Instead, Ceara concentrated on the mystifying way the colors of the lava ran together. She stood entranced, as the sun creeped its way across the sky. It seemed that they stood their for hours, until they were bathed in the shadow of the volcano.

Finally, quietly, and almost absentmindedly, Ceara speaks, her voice soft. "I love feeling your heart beat. Somehow it reminds me that Tephra is going to be okay. That I'm going to be okay."

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara - by Ceara - 12-30-2017, 12:50 PM