• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    He refuses to tip-toe around the situation any longer - because she is not a child any longer and she wishes to be treated maturely, so he will oblige. He is afraid to hurt her, that his way of pushing her aside would create an emptiness within her that will be filled with anger and resentment, but if she wishes the truth despite this, she will have it.

His brows rise with amusement at the way her tone shifts, realizing that his admittance of the truth seems to calm her quite a bit, which releases the tightening grip in his chest slightly. Her parents. Of course, they had been at the back of his mind as well, but they are not the sole reason Warrick is hesitant to be around her - he is sure they will disapprove of her being near anyone, and her father’s fondness for Warrick will not overcome his need to protect and keep his daughter safe. Warrick can understand that, being a father himself. Ceara’s fiery red gaze finds the coolness of his blue, and though still blazing, the boiling anger has subsided - for the time being.

‘I think you know I love you, Warrick.’

The stallion’s chest tightens again, a frown finding his lips as she turns to stand beside him and to stare out along the expanse of the shore, suddenly a timid and shy creature despite her normal bold stature. Her confession sits heavy on his heart, which beats steadily in his rib cage, fluttering every now and then. He wants to please her, he wants to make her happy, but he isn’t sure how. Can he return the words she desperately wishes hear? Is his heart even capable of loving more than one, when his entire lifetime has been set only on Tangerine? Is it possible, to understand her more now than he ever had, in this moment with another woman?

The blue-king sighs deeply, his breath rattling in his chest. She turns to meet his gaze once again, and his eyes are ready to find hers for he had not looked away from her since the moment she arrived, her voice heavy and laden with precise thought and emotion. Perhaps if he had not been named Overseer, things would be simpler than they are now - perhaps this wouldn’t be a problem, or a concern of his.

“I know that in whatever comes to Tephra, you will be as steady and unyielding as the volcano that watches over us.” He pauses, cerulean eyes wide with their softness. “You must understand that I cannot act on whatever this is -” Whatever is inside of him, toiling within his heartstrings. “ - Tephra needs my undivided attention - we are in a precarious situation, currently, as you know.” Was he speaking of Karaugh and Levi, or himself and Ceara?

Please do not hate me, he pleads silently, dreadfully wondering if he has perhaps the youthful innocence of the young woman before him.
    Warrick

@[Ceara]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara - by Warrick - 12-22-2017, 12:38 PM