• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

It is dangerous for me to be alone with you.

And there it is. The crux of the situation. Ceara looks up at him, and the wealth of her anger that she'd found herself steeping in since she had seen him melted away. She was irritated with him, and she wanted to pluck every last feather from his wings so he wouldn't fly away from her any longer, but she Loved his wings. And his eyes. And..

"If you think you are dangerous, then you haven't met my parents," she whispers, a small laugh in her voice as she searches his face - his bright blue eyes - for anything that might give away his thoughts. How she wished she was a telepath like her mother. But she thinks, no, that would not be fair. Warrick was entitled to the privacy of his mind, and she would have to learn to trust him to tell her what was on his mind - if he had any chance of becoming more sure in himself.

More sure of her.

"I think you know I love you, Warrick." She says, hushed, darting her eyes away from his face and turning her body to stare out at the expanse with him. The pools, those individual eco systems, each one so different and exotic, much resembling the multiple islands that made up Tephra. "And I know you're concerned, and thoughtful, of our situation. But I'm not a child anymore."

She sighs. The heat of the Volcano is at her back, burning as it does so. The chill of the fall is coming, and while Tephra remains mostly untouched from the seasonal changes, the riotous change in her emotions has Ceara feeling shell-shocked, and she says exactly what is on her mind - let the chips fall where they may. "I don't need you to defend me, shield me, or hide me. I've got Levi for that. I..."

A beat, a cough, and she brings her gaze to his, heavy and thoughtful.

"I don't want another brother, Warrick. But I am here to serve you in every capacity you need me to. Tephra is my home, and I will help you defend it..." her voice gets warmer, more hushed.

"...to whatever end."

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara - by Ceara - 12-21-2017, 08:44 PM