• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as my lungs gave way i felt something burst -- faulkor

He is slow to realize there are more than new scars that have changed his companion. No, he is too concerned with the visible torments to recognize the internal, or even the magic that now pulses through the blue stallion’s veins. At least, not until Balto himself draws attention to it. 

“I’ve returned with something we were looking for.” says Balto, and Faulkor cocks his head inquisitively. 

Magic.

Since their reentry into the land of the living, into the light (however feeble), Faulkor had noticed more acutely the weakness of his old age. His lungs rattled, his joints ached, his strength had left him. His companion’s physical vigor has only served to remind Faulkor that soon his time would come to an end, and without a single accomplishment to immortalize him. 

He had been crippled, trapped within the sands of an hourglass. He could not hope to find the magic himself. He could not hope to conquer or claim anything ever again - not in this state. 

He pins his ears in a flash of disappointment, looking ashamedly at the decaying leaves at his feet as his companion is swallowed by the darkness of the cave. Balto has return ever stronger to the king of nothing. 

Faulkor takes one last glance at the outside world, ensuring no danger has followed Balto to their hidden home. For the new marks on his companion, Faulkor is wary. He snorts derisively into the feeble light of dawn before making his way into the dampness of the cave. 

“Can you feel it?” and Balto’s chest lay open before him, bare and exposed. An essense hums, quietly at first, and then with mounting intensity. It shimmers like heat waves, glowing faintly between them. Faulkor searches for Balto’s eyes. He is uncertain. He is afraid. This could be the end of him…

Indeed, he can feel it. 

F A U L K O R

@[Balto] I didn't really help much. >.< Faulkor thinks he's about to die. Silly old bat.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as my lungs gave way i felt something burst -- faulkor - by Faulkor - 01-05-2018, 06:20 PM