• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka

S O L A C E

Sister,

Growing up, her brother's presence had always been the only comfort she needed. Solace had always expected more than her mother could give, Tang had not met her ideal of what a good mother should be. She had enshrined her father - the leader of a country, the anchor of the family. He was untouchable, perfect, nearly a winged diety and she hesitated to share her daily frustrations with him because she never wanted to see him frown.

But Svedka, he had always been just enough.

That was the reason she had decided to name her twin The Heart of Hyaline. It was an obvious choice, she had only delayed long enough to make sure his wandering soul didn't immediately call him on to other adventures. 

'Svedka never met a stranger'  their mother would say, and begrudgingly she agreed.

But this can wait.
    The scent of Smoak was still warm and alive on her skin, she had hesitated to wash it off. This sentimental action of preserving his scent would have confused her only months ago, but she was beginning to fully realize her feelings for their childhood friend - and they terrified her. 

By some strange construct of her own, she had forfeited her right to romance when she accepted the crown from Amet. She had seen the way it had torn Amet apart from the inside and she had hoped that she could somehow stay above the fray. Silently one night, alone by the lake, the young mare had vowed to take Hyaline as her one and only. 

She couldn't expect her brother to understand this sentiment - but a part of her wanted to hear his rash advice.

"Don't tease me Svedka, if I tell you something." Her eyes slide closed as he gently detangles her mane, allowing herself a moment to enjoy the familiar ritual. Its easier to confess what she has to say with her eyes closed. 

"I think I like Smoak... too much."

Like. The word is wrong, but she would never say Love

Love may as well be synonomus with vunnerable. 

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Solace - 12-21-2017, 05:24 PM