• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He is roaming the Field, looking for an interesting conversation. Recruiting has never been his favorite, but Ischia needs bodies and he needs to bring some home. It will not do for Ischia to be like the Tundra – the place is too alive for the small amount of brothers who had managed to fill the Tundra with life. It needs more. His head is lowered, nonchalantly grazing at the sweet summer grass while he watches, but a sudden motion brings his head up and around, amber eyes locking on the silver-roan girl driving away the overly-amorous stallion.

Brennen smirks, and starts in her direction. She reminds him of someone – of many someones. But he has no real way to attach her to her fascinating mother, so that twinge of recognition will pass, assigned to any number of the fierce mares he has known over the years, in and out of the Amazons. It’s too bad he can’t tell who her mother is; it would certainly give the two of them something to talk about. Perhaps they can instead talk about missing the Beqanna of before; Brennen doesn’t resent the change as strongly as this child anymore, but he is not pleased either.

A part of him will always long for his Tundra.

The grullo-pinto girl reaches his target first and he pricks his ears to catch her words, wondering at the slight feeling of recognition he gets from this one as well. This one, though, he can place. She has her mother’s coloring, after all, and he realizes as he draws to a halt a polite distance from both of them that the pinto reminds him of Djinni. That gives him a very, very brief guilty feeling (he’d left Nerine after all, along with its intriguing women, and he is sure it hadn’t exactly pleased them) but surely no one would expect him to stay somewhere he had never truly felt was home.

“You did send him away quite neatly.” He regards the first girl again with an approving look. “I don’t suppose you’re looking to join an army?” He needs bodies for Ischia in general, but in particular Brennen would love to recruit his own. Brothers and sisters in arms.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Any. - by Volcan - 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: Any. - by Starlin - 12-02-2017, 09:27 AM
    RE: Any. - by Brennen - 12-05-2017, 12:20 AM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 12-05-2017, 01:28 AM
    RE: Any. - by Starlin - 12-08-2017, 08:27 AM
    RE: Any. - by Brennen - 12-11-2017, 11:40 PM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 12-18-2017, 07:54 PM