• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - castile

Solace

By the brightening of his steal and amber eyes, she can tell that he truly like the idea- his response is more than the mechanical answer of a dutiful diplomat. Solace feels embolded, she feels older.

"Well, I suppose I will hold you to that." she taunts with sparkling eyes. 

Then he is by her side again and she too looks down into the reflective waters - but the fledgling lover doesn't study her own reflection. Gently, the surface of the water moves below her searching gaze as her eyes drift to his reflected face. The heat rolling off his sides causes her to again shift her body closer to him. In the fragile stillness of their winter world, she is reminded of what he could give her as his words rumble sweet and rich off his tongue. Solace lets the quiet fall again between them after his bold proposition, continuing to watch his reflection. She forces herself to focus on the calming sound of the dancing rapids, and not her burning cheeks.

"Maybe I will be able to change your mind about Hyaline." When she speaks this time the light playfulness in her voice is gone. Her tone has taken on an instinctual huskiness which she had not called upon - yet it came unbidden. "Maybe you will find there is more to it now than you first thought."

Her own tone frightens the young mare. Nearly as soon as she is done speaking, she wonders if she has crossed some line she shouldn't have and her eyes refuse to look up to the flesh and blood version of the stallion in the reflection. She never thought herself to be the type of girl who became mindlessly infatuated with charming strangers.

Hyaline was to be her lover - the keeper of her heart. 

But here she is - the romantic girl she tries to hide from the world begging for her break the invisible barrier they have somehow built between them.

"I should probably be going back soon."

you are my sunshine

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Solace - 10-30-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - castile - by Solace - 11-25-2017, 06:05 PM