• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door
    She heard him coming. More suddenly than expected, but perhaps it was a trick of the meadow's acoustics. Soft steps, unhurried. No lumbering gait here. She did not know what to expect in this  newcomer. A faint scent of cat on the breeze caught her off guard, setting her on edge.  That was never a good sign. 

Tickaani lifted her head, and scanned the tree line. There was no glint of reflective eyes, no low creeping sinuous body. Of course, that was no proof of safety with a cat. They were the silent killers, the evening stalkers. She did not worry so much for herself. She was healthy and hearty and could put up a fight. It was the young and the frail old who were most at risk. 

Still. The evening was quiet, and the only motion she could see was the breeze-rippled grass and the line figure of a horse, walking in her general direction. The late light seemed to be playing tricks on her eyes. Or perhaps he'd wandered through a late-season blackberry patch. His buckskin pelt was richly tinted by evening light, and the dark points of his muzzle and legs gleamed with an almost violet tint. How strange. 

The cat scent hadn't dissipated, yet she moved her worry to the back of her mind. Clearly, he was deep in thought, moving as if she wasn't there. It would be a color of funny if he really did run into her. She held her ground, and waited to see just how long it would take for him to see her, because his trajectory had not shifted. 

He was practically on top of her when he finally did stop, looking baffled to see her standing there. She looked him over as he apologized for the near-impact. To her surprise, he really was tan and purple. She wasn't sure if that was his birth-given color, or something he had done to himself, but it was an unusual sight either way. And then there were his eyes. An unearthly shade of green, they completed the effect of what seemed to be an only somewhat natural being. 

He introduced himself as Ryan, and asked her purpose in being there. She dipped her head, accepting his apology. In answer to him, she replied. 
    "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ryan. My name is Tickaani. As to my purpose here..." She gazed around her, appraising the area. "I haven't really decided yet. It seems to be a lovely area. Do you live here?" She asked, her tone light. There were about twenty other things she was wondering, but there'd be time enough to sort those out.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door - by Tickaani - 10-19-2017, 11:27 AM