• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  A beautiful face is a mute recommendation - Longclaw

LONGCLAW

-I close my eyes, ignore the smoke-

His mute little bird has returned to the nest.

Around the curve of shore, until she’s brave enough to plunge into the damp jungle growth, Longclaw follows Marigold on quiet wolf paws. It was curious to watch her this way - without her knowing he was doing so. Every dart or jerk of her body sent him into a tense frenzy: when she looked for the source of fear, he looked for it too.

It didn’t take him long to realize the fear was her own. “Little canary, my golden singer,” He thinks, hearing her snort again in a panicked flurry of movement, “just what have those eyes seen?” The wonder of her shape is further distorted the longer he looks - where once her tail had been full and gossamer, now only the remnants remained. Along her shoulder, that place where he’d blessed her and her alone with his mark, now sits a harsh, jagged black brand.

He’s decided he’s had enough of the silent following.

“Marigold.” He calls to her, pushing aside the overhang of wide leaves with the girth of his solid chest. He’s no longer wolf - in the shadows behind her Longclaw has changed himself back to the familiar shape she knows. “Is that you?”

@[Diorae]
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A beautiful face is a mute recommendation - Longclaw - by Longclaw - 10-16-2017, 01:48 PM