• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - heda

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    The treeline has started to become too familiar.

Ivar has paced the border for over an hour now. When he had started, the sun was barely touching the western mountains. Now it has begun to sink, punctured by the distant peaks and bleeding pink and orange across the darkening sky. Soon it will be too dark to see, and Ivar knows that it is now or never.

He has been lingering in the no-man’s land between Sylva and Loess, unwilling to reenter his parents’ kingdom but also unsure as to his welcome in Loess. He had left so quickly last time. Everything had felt so rushed, so serious, so finite. Will Heda even want to see him again?

He hopes so, and it is with that bit of courage that he moves toward the hilly realm. 

It feels odd to be so dry, but time spent out of the water will do that. The matte black of his scales absorb the fading light of the sun, but the young stallion still shivers as he moves. The muscle beneath his coat is well-defined, and though he lacks a winter coat in this chilly weather, he is otherwise the picture of health. He is quite literally: tall, dark, and handsome. Stopping at the edge of the kingdom, he waits. The young male still remembers his run-in with Merida, and while he holds no ill-feelings toward the redhead, their interaction had served to cement his respect of borders. 

He calls out for @[Heda], his voice echoing off the twilight hills.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

@[Heda]
    Heda
    She longed for him.

Every day, pacing golden body kissed against the border, waiting for his return. She yearned for his touch, and most of all for his company.

Things had become lonely, despite her new friendships. Edonis was nice, and Terran was as well but they both seemed to disappear every so often, leaving the queen of emotions alone. Taiga had also been radio silent, she expected a visit by now form her nephew, or perhaps even her sister at least, but all talk of Taiga had stopped, and she had begun to expect the worst for her family. Not a word was spoken of Ruan, the wolf king or of his extensive family, including his pyro wielding daughter. Terran as well was silent, or perhaps he left to join Jinju in Taiga once more? Heda didn't see him often enough to notice his behaviors, but definitely something was up.

Today she doesn't pace, but instead she flies, remaining in her sweet fluffy fortress of solitude, her thinking space. It isn't often that she goes there now, as everything figured itself out evidently, but this she can't help but shake that something is going on with Taiga. Her thoughts blur her senses, and she hardly pays attention, to the emotions that engulf Loess. She doesn't notice him, her lover, her heart whom stands at the border. All she can think of with mixed emotions, is her family. Her gaze wanders through the cotton candy sky, as a small open space in the sky reveals him below, and her heart skips a beat.

Without hesitation, the golden girl elegantly glides down in a flurry of navy tinged wings, she lands gracefully tucking away her wings hastily, before running towards him in a well needed embrace. "Ivar! I've missed you, my love." The word is released from her lips, and immediately she tenses up, did she just call him that? "My love", worries strangle her thoughts, as she tries to thinks for a moment. She had already said it, there was no need to take it back now, she concludes quickly. Her hazel gaze flickers about before relaxing beside him, her body pressing against him, as her velvet muzzle gently caresses his shoulder.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

@[Ivar]   I'm sorry this took forever, i just got soooooo busy
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

I V A R
    He waits, scuffing one pale hoof in the dry soil. A saguaro stands sentinel to his left, and he watches as a small owl emerges, blinks, and soars off into the darkening sky. He’s seen owls in Taiga before – not ones just like that one, but still owls – and the memory cuts into his nervous anticipation. He quells it almost immediately; Ivar does not want to think of everything that was lost beneath the sea.

The hills in front of him are orange and red, painted by the setting sun. It is there he is watching for a response to his call; he does not think to look to the sky.

He starts at the sudden thunder of hooves, whipping his head in the direction of the sound and searching for the source with narrowed brown eyes. Silhouetted against the sun, it takes him a moment to recognize the approaching mare. Ivar has an apology ready (though he’s quite sure that he’s not crossed the border!), but it falls away as he recognizes Heda. She rushes toward him, and he returns the embrace with enthusiasm. Her buckskin figure is warm against him, and he wraps his scaled neck over hers and holds her tightly against him for a long moment.

Though her wings hide her barrel, Ivar can tell from the shape of her that their early fall engagement had not resulted in a child. He feels strangely conflicted now that he is certain of the outcome. He had expected relief at the lack of sudden paternal responsibility, yet that relief is muted by an unexpected feeling of

(failure.)

Still, the elation apparent in Heda’s eyes as she ran toward him assures him that despite his quick departure in the fall, the emotions he had felt were not at all one sided.

“I missed you too,” he says against her cheek. The thrum of her heartbeat is soothing in his ear, and he breathes in her scent. It is nothing like the sea or redwoods, and when he calls her: “My love,” it seems only right that he replaces loss with something entirely new.

Heda
    Her heart flutters when he responds with those irresistible husky deep words of his. The comfort that warms her body, as she clings to his ivory/obsedian side, her navy muzzle tracing the muscle definition in his shoulder.

She releases a honey sweet, "mmmm." She purrs, her hazel eyes lifting towards him, remembering what she had to tell him. She had found a water source quite recently, a hot spring hidden behind a rather large red toned bluff, beneath it was the blissful solitude of steamed waters. Her discovery had sparked her curiosity, as when they first lay together she remembered distinctively something was spoken about Kelpie shifting, another trick paired with his rather pleasurable hypnosis.

Her golden crown lifts towards him, allowing her eyes to meet with his. "I found something you might like.." her voice trails off. "You said you were part Kelpie right?" She steps away from him, side stepping in the direction of the hot spring, luring him towards her with the faint feeling of love being pressed into him, gently. Her heart flutters with excitement, her navy tail whisking at her hocks, as she unfurls her feathered wings, twirling around gracefully towards the spring. And in turn she hoped he would follow.

It doesn't take long for her to reach the blissful solitude of her discovering, the steam bellowing from the water's edge. Her gaze flickers, as she steps forwards int the depths of the waters until the spring lapped at her chest, golden toned feathers remained on the clear liquid's surface. Her gaze raising to the mixed colored stallion, her heart thundering within her ears due to the excitement. 

And the only words that can escape her lips is, "Well?"
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

Lame and cheesy I know xD @[Ivar]
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

I V A R
    The thrum of her purr is a soft counterpoint to the steady beat of her heart, and Ivar shivers. Heda slides against him alluringly, and he reaches out to touch his muzzle to the soft point beneath her skull. Sharp and sleek, his canines press against the vulnerable line of her throat, but the summer wind that blows against them is warm and dry, and he draws away with nothing more than a soft kiss.

(No.)

There is no urgency in his actions as he trails his scaled nose down the navy line of her back. The mare is soft and smooth, but summer has just begun, and there is no drive to seek anything but gentle affection. Their last meeting he remembers little of beyond the surge of hormones and an aching lack of water. Heda, at least, seems to have pleasant memories of it if her actions are any guide.

The piebald stallion is enjoying their quiet stillness, but when Heda mentions something he might enjoy, he meets her hazel gaze with interest. She mentions kelpies, and his heart skips one (two, three) beats, but she is still smiling. There is almost something said, but it is replaced by something intangible, something than pulls him towards Heda and reaffirms the warm smile on his face. The feathers of her wings catch his eye, and he follows her without question.

He has climbed this bluff before, but as he follows Heda through the scrub, he realizes that this is not a path he has taken before. The way the earth is shaped had hidden the spring from above, and as he follows the line of the shore, he realizes that the narrow pass they had entered was the only entrance to the quiet spring. The setting sun is all but hidden behind the bluff, and Ivar looks up at the streaks of orange across the sky. Heda has moved ahead of him, and when he looks back down to find her, his breath catches in his throat.

(Yes.)

Half hidden by the steam, the buckskin mare stands chest deep in the water. Ivar is beside her before he can even think, and while the water is almost too warm against his scaled hide, he does not have eyes for anything but Heda. His entire world has narrowed in on this mare, this water.

There is a reason he has been avoiding water, but for the life of him, he can’t remember it now.

She speaks, inquiring of his reaction to this hidden spring, but he presses his muzzle to her cheek rather than give a direct answer.

“Do you know what a kelpie is?” he asks her as the smooth scales of his hide ripple futilely.

(half kelpie. useless kelpie.)

There is no adhesive component to his skin, he cannot bind her to him the way that his father might have. It saves her, his inability. That and the soft stirrings of love that she’d placed in his chest. She is safe, but not untouchable. Dipping his muzzle below the water, he lifts it to drip across her back, watching the way the water beads along her coat. In the shadows, she is only shades of grey, and her navy feathers are inky black where they meet the water. He has been here before, in a situation like this, but perhaps Heda will be more fortunate than the mint green girl.

“I think if you did, you might not have shown this to me.” Ivar is giving away secrets, secrets that their kind should keep. The words are foreboding, but he continues to touch her gently, dripping water along the curve of her neck. Calm, he says without words, each touch so fleeting that they seem imagined only an instant later. They are enough though, enough tactile contact to soothe away concern, to return her earlier gesture of projected love with an unnoticeable hypnotic command to:

(relax. let me. let go.)

Synopsis: attempting to use tactile hypnosis to make Heda relaxed and compliant