• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nevermind, I'll be my own savior; Heda

Ravan

we laugh like sinners

He holds hope close to his breast, though perhaps not like so many other children do. It is not the hope for family that fuels the fire of his soul, but hope for his future. Hope for what he might do, what he might become. He believes in himself, even if no one else would. Though he would not be opposed to love, the warmth and support a family could provide, it is not what drives him.

But as though it were writ it in the stars, it seems he is not to be left alone for long. He is not to be simply another pathetic, lonely soul longing for what he cannot have (even if he refuses to be such a thing in the light of such a daunting future. But he is only a child, so what does he truly know?).

Slowly, almost unnoticeably, joy settles in his breast alongside the hope and determination that fill his small body. A trickle of happiness that tickles his skin and brings his head up. Blinking silvery eyes somewhat sleepily, his pale gaze jumps up, landing upon the golden mare with the navy tresses. He stares at her in silent incomprehension for a long moment as she steps near, her head dropping until it is level with him. The gentle brush of her muzzle against the pale skin of his thin barrel stirs him back to reality, as though the truth of the situation has abruptly clicked into place.

Where is your mother, little one? she murmurs, and for moment Ravan can only shake his head, as though the simple motion were answer enough. Finally though, he finds his voice, soft yet surprisingly bold, a faint hint of belligerence coloring the tone (the better to hide the pain of abandonment). “I have no mother.”

As though he had simply been created from air and dust.

Heda. That’s her name, a fact he carefully files away just in case. But then she is asking his name, and he is glancing away uncertainly. In truth, he had not been given a name. He had chosen one for himself, but he worries for a moment that it will not sound real. That perhaps she will be able to tell it is made up. But then the determination that has fueled him this long comes bubbling to the surface and his stormy gaze is finding hers. “Ravan,” he says, as confidently as he can manage. “My name is Ravan.”

and weep like gods

No, it's perfect! <33 he is good with forward XD

Messages In This Thread
    Nevermind, I'll be my own savior; Heda - by Ravan - 08-26-2017, 01:08 PM
    RE: Nevermind, I'll be my own savior; Heda - by Ravan - 09-02-2017, 11:11 PM