• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - kratos
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    She isn’t surprised the his storm of a response. He wouldn’t be pleased. First, because she had gone when he had told her to stay (ah, but she’s an Amazon, she listens to know one but herself). Second, because she had succeeded where he did not. Third, because he would be worried. The third one she hopes, but does not know. Would he really worry about her? Did he care for her that much? Or did he love her for the lightning in her veins?

For a while, she had loved the lightning, not him. She had loved the ability to touch him, but he had been something to wild for the girl her father had raised her to be. But slowly, surely, she grew to understand that she was more than that girl. Kratos helped her understand that. The quest helped her understand that. Her sister and her parents and the sound of static at the end of the world. Everything together had changed her, shaped her.

She finally understood Brunhild from all those years ago, and the words ring true now. You are amazing.

She wasn’t full of herself. But she was amazing. She was electric and claws and teeth and now death, all wrapped into one.

He comes, and in his fashion the electric drips from his mouth and his teeth go to her chest. He bites down hard, but she doesn’t notice, or simply doesn’t care, because he’s real and alive. Vanquish had been right. Which means Lagertha is all right too.  He keeps stalking around her, a predator with his prey, nipping at her as if she isn’t alright. He’s the one covered in dried blood.

What took you so long? he asks, but it’s a demand and she doesn’t answer right away. He’s still prowling, going to nip at her neck again. She flickers and disappears for a moment, coming back but in a form that isn’t corporeal now. “Stop it,”  she says, spinning to face him again. “Just stop. For one minute.”

She turns corporeal again and presses herself against him. She tucks in beneath his neck, too short to wrap herself around him. There’s no electric, no claws, just them. Because it has never once been just them. And she’d like to know how it feels, because hours ago she wasn’t sure she’d ever have the opportunity. For all she knew, Carnage had left Lagertha and Kratos to die at the end of the world, inside the mouths of langoliers.

She pulls away and faces him after a moment, after he’s asked what happened and finally admitted that he was worried too. She closes her eyes for a moment, both content to be back in the world of the living and not quite ready to think about the realm of the dead.

But then, after a moment, she speaks. “We came back with Gail. But Beqanna wouldn’t let her though. The beach sort of, broke away. Took us to another realm. To the beach. Where all Beqanna’s dead are. Our traits didn’t work, and we were dying there.” She pauses. There’s so much to say, and yet only a few things that matter. “I found my parents. I haven’t seen them since I was a filly. I don’t think Kora knows. And your Dad found me. He’s the one who got me back here.” And then she falls silent, waiting. Wondering how he’ll take all that.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 06-01-2015, 12:17 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Kratos - 06-14-2015, 06:40 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Kratos - 07-23-2015, 11:22 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 08-05-2015, 09:46 AM