• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the SNAKES start to SING

He was tired. Dead tired. He'd never been so tired in his life. He used the very limbs that had been created to walk, to move, to fight. He used them for what was intended and not once laid back and let his wings do the work. He agreed with himself when he fought the decision, it was for the best, it was for the future. You know, paving the way with good intentions and all that whimsical jazz. Well, he was hardly amused now. His aching tendons were practically shaking, the sinews within taut and uncomfortably. He gave in and flew down to the beaches underneath the cliff. The wind down here was stormy, bitter and cold, it cut through his pale body and made him feel like a ghost, cold, dead.

The demon lowered himself into the icy depths, the waters crept up his tendons, reaching just below his knees. He felt the sting of the ice bite into him, braced himself and let the cold knot down to the very bone. A little hurt did everyone great, didn't it? After all, his dam had been hurt many times. He puffed a cloud of cold breath, watched it float in a hazy mist around him. The salty air made his nostrils twitch and lips pique in distaste, but he remained in the sea's depths, letting the salty waters do their work.

The Gemstone Ridge was more than he'd imagined. Having a herd was more than he imagined, but within he felt a tugging disdain, a deep hatred for everything, for life, for his mother, for his father, for the distant family he knew riddled Beqanna. Then the sloth rose it's ugly head and he felt nothing.

An emptiness ripped him open, took his soul and withdrew his heart. He let it, and felt unreasonably whole. The hellion deserved to feel empty. He deserved nothing, he wanted nothing. This all was some amazing charade he was surprised was still going, but it was, and that thought made him think.

Thinking was never a good thing, when your mind just was an empty well, and all you were doing was throwing stones and hearing the thud at the bottom. But it took a long time to eventually hear that thud. Nier snorted, moving himself through the waters, lowering his muzzle and pushing the frothy waves. He became invisible for quite some time, and stayed that way. He felt the actor within him needing a break, so he did just that.

He disappeared.

• tyrael x amnesia • wings, invisibility • alpha of gemstone ridge •
    html by charmx, image by james porto

kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep

Like most of Locket's children, she too had been forgotten, discarded, unwanted. Like a doll upon a shelf, tossed aside when the fascination wore off. For Lye, there had never been a fascination. Her pumpkin coloured eyes had looked upon her mother and had seen her horror, her fear. Automatically she had been tossed aside, unwanted. Attacked. Attacked for being born? What sort of mother did such a thing? Lye was a troubled young girl, she wore her heart upon her sleeve. And spent a long time of her life roaming The Beach. the stench of death she had found becoming, almost comforting. But there comes a time in a girl's life when she needed to escape the salty air, the sand in her coat.

Like a raven she flew through the fields, long and hard, her canter as fast as the melting snow could let her go, and her unsteady right hind could allow. But she went, she went with a blinded fury, a cascade of ebony feathers splaying around her limbs in a furious flurry. She had no brakes, no intention of stopping; it was the entire meadow or nothing, but she needed to run. She needed the escape. the flashbacks of her past, she ran from quicker. Her stride lengthening, nearing a full gallop, she closed her eyes.

If she hit a tree, she would lay there, stunned. staring up at the darkening sky and would make a wish upon a falling star.

But she didn't. instead, she came across a cliff, a beach; a familiar salty scent reaching her nostrils. She stopped, careened to a halt and sent a splay of rocks skitting over the edge. Her eyes came across something down below, bobbing, merging with the waters edge. It was a soul, a ghoul traipsing the water, following her from The Beach. She recoiled a little. Her run in with Nyryn had made her weak, her insides cold like rock ice. She watched him for a while, caught a real scent; warm, living. He was not a dead thing, he was very much alive, even if he didn't look it.

Lye leapt down a little ledge, again with another; her actions were careless but so was she. When no one mattered to you and you didn't matter to no one, there was no care, no appreciation of life. She would live forever after all -- a burden, a curse. The black girl wandered down, skidding, slipping and stumbling until finally she reached the ground, her knees buckling she landed on her side. staying completely still for a moment, she wondered if it was the greatest idea, wandering closer to a stallion that was drifting in and out of view.

But then he could be her saviour, someone who hated strangers and took one look at her and hated her even more. So she stayed like that for quite some time, watching him, cold, her orange eyes staring. then she rose to her feet and clambered over. Her lips tasting the salt air, her orange eyes picking up everything. There was an underlining scent of him, a smell of something deeper. Blood. Within him. There was a familiarity within him. She was unsure why. But she found that the slightest bit reassuring -- but she often found comfort in dangerous things. Living in a place of the Dead, made the mare quite lax in her method of dealing with the living, and the consequences that sometimes occurred.

"You look like I feel." her voice a bittersweet poison on her lips; adequate to her name. Slowly killing her inside, her voice slipped from her throat in a throaty whisper. "Invisible."

• busted x locket • orange eyes, immortality • no one •
    html by charmx, image by sniegoski

The scent had changed, something marred the cool salt air with something else, something different. He remembered that smell, the blood, the decay, the rotten flesh, the cold deathly embrace that takes hold of someone when they pass. It piqued his nostrils, it made him full visible. At first Nier thought it was his mind playing tricks; the demon inside wanting him to feel something for once, but as always not something wanted, not something great. Demons only ever want pain and misfortune, hate and death. It fuels them, like the sun fuels the earth, like water fuelled the world. Misery fuelled demons, and it often fuelled him, but now, he shivered, against the wind, against the memory of death that marked him with a cold imprint. Like ice embedding itself within him, sharp shards just digging deeper and deeper.

His eyes were trained upon the boundaries, they hunted, they lurked. the scent just grew stronger, more abrasive against him, and then when he looked up, he saw her. A shadow against the white cliffs, she stuck out like a black spot in a white gown. He watched her, careless in her manner of getting down to the beach -- she could have simply used the path? he shook his head, aggravated by minimal thoughts, and he walked forward. She was unknown to him, the scent of death clung to her like a perfume, she seemed to wear with honour. the closer he got to her, the more he felt repulsed. Colder. Then he caught sight of her eyes and stopped in his tracks. Ears pinned tight against his poll, his teeth slithered out from beneath his lips as he snapped at the air.

"You are trespassing." he informs her, cold, dark. his voice is neither low nor high, a deep baritone, how you'd imagine a snake to talk when he was on the verge of attacking. But Nier did not, instead he stood his ground, his tail gliding over his hocks in the wind. The black mare then spoke, her orange eyes taunting him with a rarity, a strangeness that rivalled even his wings. One ear twitched up then immediately flattened.

"Invisible? You sure must feel it, thinking you can walk anywhere you please--" he halted mid sentence, trained eyes upon her, they scoured her body with an intense glare. She was weedy, feathered in places and unkempt. She looked a mess, like death's hand had taken her and thrown her back here. Her eyes were neither worrying the steed not encouraging him, but he noticed there was a sense of familiarity in her. Something deep. something cold. Of course, he knew what it was like, to be lost, to be a tad bit broken -- unlike the mare before him, he remained broken and just stuck with it, but she, she looked as if she'd lost those pieces and was collecting stray parts from other places. A mess, a chaos. but beyond that was a beauty, a poison that lured anyone close. He recognised mares like her, but he did not fall for bait.

"Who are you? he demanded this time, stalking closer; the demon within him liked the look of her, she wore a darkness like a cape, sadness as her shield. it would easily crumble if she'd let it. He wondered, felt things electrify within him; memories he'd long forgotten, tucked away in the back of his mind.

"Dead girls tell no tales, so be quick now." the charm, the wit, the dare. For several moments he'd lost it, it was returning for now. The darkness holding him tight, with reins wrapped around him, suffocating the soul, the heart. For now he was just a mere husk of a steed focused on torment. He could torment the stranger with all he had, and still Nier was sure the demon wanted more. the question was, how much more would Nier be willing to give?

Eyes as eerie as the glow of an orange moon, they watched, they studied. Silently she knit together a tapestry of a make believe life of the winged steed. He had a cold heart; she could not hear it beat within him as strong as flesh ones that beat a rhythm of hope and love. His eyes looked soulless, a dark oblivion. She liked it. she liked that he was a kindred spirit, in speaking, to her. But she knit another few sections. He was bound to have a following of love-struck mares. After all he was rugged, he had a handsome face, a swagger in his walk that must have made many swoon and fall at his hooves. Oh, because of that she was certain he had swarms of children; main strong sons, taking after him. But like some tapestries, this one soared in flames, just as any other she designed in her head, at the very sound of his voice, it crumbled and all she had left of any idea of him, was the cold hate ebbed into his tongue.

"I'm like you." Lye's voice is unchanging, cool, unnerved. Instead the mare stalked forward, closer and closer until she was nose to nose with the grey steed. "There's things inside of us that we don't want to know. I see it on your face. I see it in your cold, dead eyes." she stops here and her black legs, covered in dirt and sand and white chalk from the cliffs, move beneath her in an unsteady patterns. "You have eyes like my mother." her voice is flat then, her ears swivel and she has flashes of the past torrent through her, it boils and burns her insides, so much so she twitches and stumbles to the side, back out of his reach, until she's face to face with him, and there it is, the darkness she felt emanate from him, it taints him, like a cloud of rain, it hangs above him. It hangs above her too. They are the same, two dark souls wandering the earth. But she was certain there was another reason, blood as thick as waste, a tainted line, a darkness seeping in through the cracks of weak minds.

"No, but dead girls will haunt the bones from the living." Lye laughs, a cold, twisted little laugh, it seems to bounce against the cliff-face and echo through the beaches. Like some maniac she cranes her head and looks to the sky with her strange coloured eyes. "I'm Lye. Poison. Hate. Death. Everything you want the darkness to be. I was born by sin and created out of a dark kindling. You could say, I'm just like you."

Her voice taints the backdrop, her eyes darkening. She hears whispers, cold, dead tales spinning in her mind. Flashes of memory. She has relatives. Sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles. but she too is a sister, an aunt, a grandmother, a great grandmother in some cases, but to this one, she was sure they shared something more than a little darkness. An insane little cackle bubbles from her lips. When the living share too much with the dead, they lose parts of themselves, and little Lye had lost many parts, she was now more like a husk of flesh and bone, her soul wrapped up somewhere else; a voodoo's dream.

"Cold. Dead. You've seen it, death. You've tasted it too. Tell me, winged one, what is it like to take a life away? I've seen the end result, and where it leads but... your eyes, they tell me things, they show me that you've taken much away from others, but you, you too have had something taken, something precious." she oversteps the boundary and reaches out for him, her muzzle harsh and cold against his soft warm flesh.

"I've never had anything precious to be taken from me. I've had nothing."

femme wanders gemstone ridge with orbs observing the terra firm. ebony appendages pull her to safe grazing grounds. emeraldine blades beneath flints. cerulean pools see a new femme. coal hued with blind ambition falling down the cliff. Fatale growls as she observes the two. Master and a stranger. the way her master finds the new femme is new to the ebon fatale. he is not pleased with her. Fatale lurches forward and canters along terra. down the path of the cliff her flints collide till she is upon sandy shoals.

azure pools meet her master and then turn to new femme and she hisses.

you are nothing like my master. you are unkempt and untidy, you are a mess.

femme growls and snaps the air with sharp ivories, near the new femme's hide.

my master doesn't want you here, he's made it plain as day.

femme circles, flints dancing, hips sashaying.

do you think you are a little lost and lonely lamb coming to the slaughter? master will turn you away. He has no need for useless runts.

femme dances over to her master and nuzzles his chest with velvets, lipping his alabaster tendrils.

Hearing a commotion coming from near by. She walked towards the commotion, and no suprise the dark femme is once again the problem. She attacked her when she first arrived and now shes going after this new member.It was clearly Nier's invitation otherwise she wouldnt be here. If not, all were welcome here, unless they are going to be trouble for the herd. She lunged at the dark femme. Pinning her ears back on her neck. Back off BrokenStar! She squealed, Leave her alone, she is welcome if she wants. She couldnt understand what her problem was. She stomped at the ignorant mare before her. Before turning to the new mare. Welcome Lye, ignore the ignorant one over there. She's got issues. She put he ears up so she didnt look so threatening. Welcome to Gemstone Ridge. If you need anything dont be hesitant to ask. She snorted and stomped at the dark femme before departing going back to day. She wasnt trying to take control of the herd but someones gotta step up and say something if that mare is being rude. Nier is trying to get members in his herd, and with her being the way she is, he will never have members. She acts like the lead mare, which she wasnt she was just a normal herd mare like herself.  She smiled Nier is probably around here somewhere hiding in the shadows or creeping again she chuckled .

Blood is thicker than water, it is also stagnant sometimes, like disgusting pong water on a blistering summer's day. When Lye stood and watched the silver steed, she noticed things, she noticed the vague Arabian dish, she shared this, it was her mother's offering. Lye also noticed something, maybe it was the immortality in her veins giving her some form of insight, some blind thread between her and the stallion, but she noticed that the blood within him was a glow of familiarity. She knew not how, perhaps it was always being with the Dead, always standing and watching the souls pass on, the dead bodies being eaten by the waves, the sand. Maybe it made her more susceptible to living flesh.

But then she could be wrong. Very wrong.

A sudden appearance, black, like herself, stained the grey terrain with her presence. At first Lye gave a slight chuckle, perhaps the first throes of insanity, perhaps just a laugh of occurrence. Her ears twitched and listened and Lye had to laugh once more. Maybe she was better off on The Beach, living souls were becoming quite fashionable with their behaviours. Oh, what a pretty little thing, such a shame she had such a tight leash with her 'master.'

"I may be unkempt, a mess. But at least somewhere in my mind I have a little thing called Free Will." Lye's words are smooth, like satin or velvet, but they are a little darker than intended. She turned her gaze to the winged steed and shook her head, "Are all of your little pets like this, is this some sort of brainwashing camp?" she eyed him slowly then, alright, he was good on the eye, he had a smooth diamond exterior, but she wondered what was inside of him. With a slight narrowing of her orange eyes, she met the gaze of a new arrival; this once had courtesy and was far from rude. Lye wondered for a minute if she'd crossed some sort of barrier. Was this Purgatory? a group of lingering, misunderstood souls?

No. She'd remember if she had left this world, after all she longed for it rather a bit too much.

"You are too kind. Have you not thought that maybe you're in the wrong place?" Lye cast a sharp look to the black mare then back to the dappled, a lilting smile faded away then, "I am mistaken, I had a strong sense of familiarity here. In him." Lye stared at the winged one again, for the longest time her halloween eyes kept his gaze and she was then unsure. She should leave, her presence is an irritant.

"But perhaps I am wrong." she turned away then, black mane a mess of wind knots and dirt, she cast a sharp dagger at BrokenStar. "There's quite the hostility in you, isn't there? A rather jealous streak, especially when I came with no intention of staying..." she looked back to Nier, and then to the dappled one.

"I think, Nier, that your taste is quite flippant. I will leave now, as it is made profoundly apparent I am unwelcome." her ink body slithered then, half away, out of the group, where she stopped, not looking back but talking out to the ocean.

"Nier. There's a lot in your past. I see it. I feel it. We are the same. Our blood is connected, somewhere." she then turned her head, her orange gaze meeting his, then she gave a toothy grin and trotted away, not before whinnying back to the dappled mare.

"You'll go far in this world with that attitude. Until someone breaks you down."

Her words were probably lost within the wind, swept out to sea where no one would ever hear them. Then, the black mare was gone.

This one was strange; he wondered if she needed to be approached with a lot more caution she he had given her. Was she like a threatening brach, ready to snap and come crashing down on him, or was she just a lost, limp leaf on the breeze that just annoyed him for a moment and then blew away. Nier gave a low snort.

"Lye. Posion. Death. Whatever you are, it is rather strange seeing you here." he added then, "And quite, unnerving." she knew things, like some oracle. Or was it that his pain was evident? that the realm of his past had been etched in stone upon his darkening visage?

"I've never met you, nor anyone like you. I would remember if we had." those sort of horses, the ones that were a few screws short of a bolt upstairs, were quite familiar if you saw them again. The winged one then caught glimpse of BrokenStar, and she was once more on the attack. He stepped forward then, he had no love lost for Lye, but he was damn sure he did not want BrokenStar overbearing and overstepping the very visible boundary he had put up. She was like a wildfire, crazed and unpredictable.

"BrokenStar. There is no concern, no need for you right now." no petnames, no feeling in his voice, it was cold, numb. Lye had spooked him somewhat, her clementine eyes, they unnerved him, the way she stared at him with unnerving might, it rattled his bones right down to the marrow. "Leave now. Go skulk in the corner. I will have a chat with you later." he added with an authority then, cold, like ice. He stepped forward and aimed a nip to her haunches, ears back. This was becoming quite the habit of the black mare. First when he brought back Star, and now with this strange mare. He understood there was a matriarch territory unbalance in some mares, but this was really grating him.

"Go." he nipped towards her again, a sharp clout of his teeth, snapping at the air. Then his attention was divided once more, when the dappled mare lightened the dark feeling of the atmosphere. Needless to say, he felt her presence before he saw her. It kind of unloosened a few knots in his chest.

"There is no need for such democratic behaviour. This is my herd and no kingdom." he cast a glare to BrokenStar and then back to Star. "She's a stranger, yes. Lye. I have no wish for her being here --" he paused and watched Lye then, her unvarying gaze almost consuming him. he sharply snapped his tail behind him and stepped nearer her. "But I cannot cast her out." he didn't know why, any other he would have no problem with running out of his land, but this one, her orange eyes, her haunting words. She spooked him and he was certain it did not go unnoticed.

"I want to know something. You seem to know, to know things about me. What is it with you, a gift, or a mere guess that's landed the mark?" he asked, but she then started a song of sorts. Her words were cool, like the lull of the sea breaking the sand, but there was a haunting presence, one he could not shake. He took a step near his beacon of light, then, and wondered if it was a weakness in him now. His darkness looming, he needed a candle to be held for him. He did not answer her back-handed comments. She knew things, she knew things. That he had suffered at death's clutches, that he had dealt the hand himself.

Then something clicked within him, but as he was about to say it, she was gone. He turned to BrokenStar, then to the dappled mare beside him.

"Strangely unnerving. She was like a bringer of bad news." he then was reminded of memories, a long list of family members, how his mother had known, he was unsure. But he had sisters, he had a grandmother with a bad streak, a taste for blood, and he had a great-grandmother that was blind, deaf. And it was his great grandmother that he guessed was a steady relation to Lye.

"I do believe, that is what you call family issues."

Nier forgive me for stepping out of line what I said to BrokenStar. I know your trying to get a herd together and her antics are not helping. She then turned to Lye with a smile, it would be nice to see the herd grow, and without herd members then the herd will be nothing. Lye don't let someone like that run you off. If you do then she will think she can get away with what she just did, it be like rewarding her bad behavior. I looked at myself, then at Nier who was beside her, then back as Lye were all different, you and Nier are similar because your immortal, and I am not, but it didn't mean she doesn't belong here. We all had her issues or dilemas in life. She learned that perfection never exists. If someone says there perfect they are lying. Everyone as flaws, weather we liked them or not. She stood next to Nier join us and forget what the other one said, if anything shes the one that doesn't belong here, If Nier would agree, it would be nice to have another member to the herd join us.She smiled.