• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - Heda

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    A curious butterfly flutters beside them for a few paces. It’s easy enough to confuse Heda’s blue markings and his own white-scaled sheen for a pair of overlarge flowers, he supposes. The monarch grows bored of them before long, and disappears over a pair of enormous saguaro cacti. The white orchids that grow in the crooks of the giants belong in the humid tropics, a vastly different environment than the one in which these cacti should thrive. Ivar has seen both in their natural homes – the desert of Pangea and the rainforest of Tephra, They don’t belong here, and yet here they are. Magic, Ivar decides.

Magic is even less predictable than lands or horses; perhaps Ivar could learn more about it here.

He pulls his dark eyes from the smooth sweep of her wing as she answers his question, glancing up at her now and against as they walk. When she smiles coyly, he pays even closer attention, intrigued by the pleased secrecy in her expression. Not figurative joy-spreading, he’s realized just as she admits to it. Her explanation is intriguing, and as the unbidden joy washes over him, Ivar knows that it was accurate as well.

He shivers at the sensation – not unwelcome but totally foreign. She asks if he has tricks and he smiles. It’s a molasses type of smile: sweet and slow and heavy. Does he have tricks?

“Do it again,” he says, knowing that simply speaking the words aloud is not enough. It’s the first step though, using that tone of voice, the one paired with smoldering eyes that cause a female to long for his warmth at her side against the crispness of autumn. “Do it again.” says the stallion, his pale mouth pressed gently against the curve of her shoulder.

She’d asked about his tricks, after all. This was one of them – tactile hypnosis. Unique in his family, Ivar’s ability to influence the minds of others while maintaining physical contact is a recent development. A curious quirk indeed, likely caused by the melding of a genie and a water dragon. Even in the odd world that is Beqanna, there is a first time for everything. His request is simple, the required contact. He wants her to repeat what she’s done with her empathic projection, to make the little wave of joy ripple across him a second time.

“Other than that?” Ivar asks abruptly as he pulls away, his light-hearted, friendly tone of voice a stark contrast to the sensuous one of only moments before. “None that I can show you here,” he admits to Heda with a wry grin. “I’m my best in the water. Kelpie, you know?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

ooc: it's totally fine! i know life can get in the way of posting Tongue
    also, in case it wasn't super clear in the post, ivar is trying to use his tactile hypnosis to convince Heda to project joy to him again Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - Heda - by Ivar - 07-13-2017, 10:45 PM