• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning in the dark for a long time; krigare
    There was that question again. What do you wish? He merely smiled at this and shook his head. 

"I am sure you will be the first I tell when I figure it out, and I appreciate you for that."

Krigare offered halfheartedly. He didnt have to linger on the subject long though, for the pale mare set off. Leading him down a path to her home. As they walked, he watched her. Not only did he want to stay on track , but he could tell something was changing about her. 

He was about to ask if she was alright when her locks burst into flame. He made a small sound of shock and stopped. His hooves dug into the ground, though as she made no move to put out the flames he relaxed.

She must have been ( he realized quite quickly) criatura de fuego. The horses from stories his mother used to tell him as he struggled to sleep. They were beings unlike himself, magical and rare. They held the ability to summon fire, or (as it seemed in spark's case) become the fire. 

The stallion muttered something of amazement under his breath before continuing onward, the volcano slowly coming into view.  His heart could have stopped then, he couldnt tell.

The heat that burned his skin so well, and the fire that burned deep within the volcano beckoned him forward. 
     He was so transfixed on the land that he barely noticed she had stopped. He skidded to a halt hurriedly, as not to run into her. 

"Hmm? Oh. No dont apologize! please."

He felt somewhat ashamed of himself, she had felt the need to apologize for what? The fact that she was different? To him especially. Hmph.

"And as for this place...Your home? It is beautiful Spark. Truly beautiful."

To him, the burning of the air, and the cool water that he moved to stand in was pleasing. Serene in contrast to his wandering thoughts. 

He quietly made a deal to himself. Three days. Three days he would stay, and if he found himself still pulled to wander, he would leave.
    [Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning in the dark for a long time; krigare - by Krigare - 06-12-2017, 04:57 PM