• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    A mare sashays up to her and Merida’s black ears fall passively against the fiery red of her mane. She snorts with skepticism, her red eyes rolling upwards as the black of her lids fall over them in a slow blink. Lips press together as she tries to contain herself as Iona so flippantly joins the conversation, upbeat and open-minded at the idea of being ruled. Perhaps Merida had only experienced the types of monarchies that were run more like dictatorships, but the mare was not keen on being merely a subservient dweller in Loess. She had agreed to live here because it was a haven for those without traits and magic so that they could live peacefully without fear of those who were more powerful. As her eyes trace the brilliant wings at Heda’s side and the conflicting feeling of happiness she felt while she knew she was extremely frustrated sent Merida’s skin prickling with hesitancy.

Heda seems to be incredulous by the two mares who have come to greet her, though Merida is not surprised by this reaction. Of course, it would have been wonderful if Merida wasn’t so damn stubborn and selfish about her own wellbeing, but she couldn’t help it. The fire in her belly demanded satisfaction and Merida knew damn well that if she didn’t fight for herself and her freedom, no one else would. 

Despite the turmoil of thoughts rambling in her head, the black mare felt strangely calm. She couldn’t figure out why and it displeased her slightly. In the past, another traited horse had controlled her, and though this was not like that instance in any way, Merida could not help the familiar prick of helplessness that swims inside her. It made her all the more fearful for herself, though Merida never showed fear as what it was – it was normally laced with frustration or anger.

Iona nudges her and once again, eyes roll upwards.

Words, words, and more words. The black mare tilts her head as she listens intently, the sweet voice of the buckskin filling her ears as she promises to prove her worth. Merida simply snorts in response. Just because no one has stepped up doesn’t mean it needs to be you, she doesn’t say – partly because the girl was right. Merida sighs deeply, closing her eyes for a moment. Anyone could have strolled into Loess and taken the helm, maybe Merida should be glad it was only Heda who thought to do so.  
    When she opens her eyes, she merely looks at Heda plainly. Iona begins to jump excitedly next to her and the black mare remains emotionless, unable to share in the pure joy that the chocolate mare next to her was feeling. Iona’s questions were rather insightful though and Merida looks forward to hearing what Heda would say.

“Pangea has fallen and displaced many residents – residents that I have met face to face and would rather not meet again. My life and its protection is more precious to me than what you call yourself. Protect Loess and protect us. And when you have shown me how it is you’ve earned your title, that will be the day I refer to you by it.”

Messages In This Thread
    My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Heda - 05-30-2017, 09:01 PM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Merida - 05-31-2017, 05:02 PM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Iona - 06-02-2017, 01:14 AM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Heda - 06-05-2017, 08:01 PM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Iona - 06-05-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Merida - 06-06-2017, 07:51 PM
    RE: My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS - by Heda - 06-11-2017, 11:55 AM