• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Invisible Crown; ALL LOESS
    Heda
    Her time in Taiga had come to an end, she held no more patience to continue to tag along on the wild goose chase of Taiga's slow recovery. Therefore it was time for an upgrade, a release from her father's eyes, to a land with blue skies, and endless hills. It was time for this Taigian princess to pave her own path, it was time for this golden princess to write her own rules, it was time for the bird to leave the nest.

So, with hesitant steps, and quivering wings, she departs from her home, from her family. Leaving the heavily forested kingdom behind her, and venturing to a land she had visited so shortly for the games. Where she had met that handsome fellow during the little shindig, and where she had felt joy, and felt the infinite glow of friendly faces. This was a place she wanted to be, where she didn't have to hold up an entire kingdom, by her very own shoulders.

Partially she also wanted to escape her father's watchful eyes, for he was quite over protective lately, and a little escape couldn't be that bad right?

But as she reaches this gorgeous land, with such a rich sweet memory lingering within the back of her mind. The vacancy surprises her, like a wasteland no one is out and about, but it seems she's the only one creeping the corners of Loess. So, in hope to grab the residents attention, and drive them out of their little nooks. The golden girl finds herself perched atop the largest hill within the area, navy tinged wings folded neatly at her sides, and with hazel eyes flickering about curiously, and awfully confused by the lack activity within the kingdom. 

"Hello?" She asks, tilting her head perplexed by the vast emptiness. "I'm Heda, I come from Taiga in hopes to find my own kingdom." A friendly grin find's it's way upon her velvet lips. "I've heard the rulers here have been scarce lately. So I'd like to step in as your queen" Her honey dipped words, are laced with honesty, although they lack any form of power. She still finds her way to embellish every word with some form of courage, allowing the emotion joy, to frolic among the folk lingering before her. 

She was unsure if they would accept her, but if this was her escape from her father's watchful eyes, then, All hail The Queen Of Emotions, all hail, her majesty, Queen Heda, Princess Of Taiga.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

Permission to overthrow Crota and Scythe given by Kortnee via pm

*If you wish to be listed in the kingdom ranks please respond to this post, as Loess is now under new management!*
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    She hadn’t done much since her initial entrance into Loess. There had been a spotted pony that greeted her upon her arrival, as well as another stranger that had emerged into the lands nearly the same time as her. Then of course there were the few weeks that horses from other lands came to explore, but Merida didn’t like that too much so she had kept to the shadows. Since then, there had been nothing but quiet; which was rather nice, but even quiet (especially too much quiet) can become something more sinister. The mare became cautious and uncertain, lingering in the shade and darker parts of Loess as she awaited what always will come: power-hungry and relentless dictators that feed on defenseless and small herds.

Merida was in the shade of one of her favorite trees (a weeping willow) where she mainly spent most of her time when she was in Loess. The branches were thin and delicate, wispy and gentle as they brush against the broad of her onyx back. The tree, though light and moves gingerly in the softest of breezes, was thick enough to hide her within its branches, cascading over her like a bird’s wing over its child. Beneath the willow’s long branches she grazes peacefully, the springtime breeze filtering in through the spindly leaves and twisting through the long, flaming-red tresses of her mane and tail.

Suddenly, the wind shifts slightly and a new, unfamiliar scent drifts to her. She lifts her head, bright sprigs of grass sticking out of her ebony lips as she chews thoughtfully, nostrils flaring inquisitively. The scent was foreign and that immediately put her on edge – she was happy here, living in her own little bubble without having to worry about others entering. Perhaps this is just a passerby, or someone like herself searching for a land where they can live quietly and serenely. Merida snorts, knowing that this was unlikely.

She did like to stay to herself, but she was not one to let a stranger walk through where she was without investigating. She moves forward on lithe limbs, using her muzzle to pull back the drapery of branches from the willow tree and passes through, the sunlight now shining brilliantly against her skin. As the sunlight meets her, the freckled hint of red on her shoulders and hips stand out brilliantly on her ebony coat. Red-hot eyes scan the area and quickly find a mare roosting high on one of the tallest hills. She snorts softly in amusement, but not the kind that is associated with laughter or joy. 

The strong black mare trots choppily towards the golden and indigo mare, her flaming eyes resting passively on the set of pristinely preened feathers that lay at her sides. Merida’s wild and tangled mane sprawls haphazardly over her face and neck, dried dirt from a previous roll in the green grasses tainting her coat. She feels rather serene at the moment, a sort of contentment that fell over her like a warm blanket. Her eyes narrow slightly in curiosity as she comes upon the stranger, just as the other buckskin approaches. She watches him through a gap in the mess of her forelock, a hooded brow shadowing her face. She did not enjoy politics or pleasantries. The lackadaisical stallion says a few words, yawning and mumbling something about Crota being officially no longer living in Loess, then wholeheartedly hands everything to the stranger standing before her. He’s soon gone, lumbering back into the shadows in whence he came, which left Merida to stare apathetically at the winged mare. She stares at her for a moment, as if awaiting something miraculous to come from the golden and indigo mare. The sound of a crow squawking in the distance fills the awkward gap of silence. 

“Queen, hm?”

Merida’s ears flick unreceptively into the tangle of her mane, a disgruntled snort leaving her nostrils. Her voice was effortless and smooth, merely a question with no sense of aggression in it, though Merida is not sure why her voice does not hold the logical distrust she associates with strangers. Monarchs, emperors, sovereigns…it was rubbish. Merida was a simple mare; the titles of queens, kings and royal guards disinterested her. It gave others a sense of entitlement that, though was most likely not intended, was the ambiance Merida was receiving from this mare. 

“Though you were once a princess in Taiga, does not mean you are a queen in Loess. What have you, a mere stranger, done to earn the title you so wish me to call you?”

She lifts her chin slightly, testing the mare, prodding her. Were her intentions pure? Could she be trusted? Would she attempt to earn loyalty or simply assume it would be given freely? 

from the ashes a fire shall be awoken

OOC: I am all for this and love Heda. Merida is just not so quick to jump on the bandwagon, she doesn't really know anyone and is very cautious to new horses. She wants to feel Heda out. Smile
    Man it was just a fireball of entertainment lately. First that youngster the other day, and now this? Iona was really liking how things were going right now, even if it wasn't quite all the excitement she could use right now. She definitely wanted more, but this would do.

So when Heda arrived, assuming leadership of the kingdom, Iona was more than happy to go meet the new 'queen'. She approached the blue-pointed buckskin, the wings not too phasing to a horse that had seen stranger. Merida was already at the sight, drilling the buckskin on her business here and asking what she had done to earn the title of Queen, whether it had been wrestled from Crota or not.

"Easy there Merida," Iona drilled, prancing up to the red-maned mare, "Let's give the newcomer a chance to fire back some comments of her own shall we? We'll save the grilling for later."
    Heda
    It's silent, and vacant, until out of their nooks they come. One by one filing in below her, the people of Loess, her new subjects. She isn't quick to speak, she watches them with a rather friendly glow, curious to see the three's reaction. Would they accept her? Would they try and overthrow her? Would they challenge her? All thoughts firing at once, curious and utterly terrified, but all she knew would some how find a solution, for she knows the people of Loess are not idiots, and surely there will be one within the bunch that would question her right to rule.

Her hazel gems flicker about, awaiting for the silence to be broken, and soon enough it does, by a stallion, perhaps a past ruler? His words are kind, and rather friendly despite what she was expecting. "Hello." A warm smile finds it's way onto her lips, as whisps of navy hair wave about. "Oh yes, of course you can visit. I hope to make this place a sanctuary in the future, it should rather fitting."  She responds with sweet laced words. And just like that the stallion turns tail, and wanders off into the horizon.

Soon enough another interjects, she has fire in her, just like her sister but perhaps far more daring in that department. The mare questions her twice, about the title, and of course her right to rule, but head doesn't stand still, she doesn't stop she had been expecting this and just as her father had earned the respect of the Taigian people, she herself must earn the respect of her own people. But before she answers, another intervenes, and Heda can't help but feel a little helpless, now someone was standing up for her, as if she were still a child resting upon her pillow of innocence. 

With a tender gaze she fixates upon the other female, "I can fight my own battles, thank you." She tries to lay it down politely, that she wasn't going to go down too easily. If Merida wanted to ask questions her questions would be gladly answered.

And so Heda, pin points her attention upon Merida, "Well, Merida from what I can see, no one else has stepped up to the plate except me." Her words are truthful, and she pauses for a moment. "Since Crota left, and now Scythe handing Loess to me. I assume that this situation is more of a right than earning. But I promise you, Merida, soon enough you will see how I earned my title." She ends collectively.

"Does anyone else have any questions or concerns? I would be happy to answer them." She states, awaiting for the other female to perhaps ask at least one question, and perhaps even for Merida to retaliate in defense.
    html by call

@[Merida] @[Iona]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    So this little filly had some fire to her, Iona figured. The new arrival didn't snap back at the chocolate mare in retaliation for speaking for her, but she did somewhat tell Iona off.

And to the chocolate mare, that told her the mare had some bite. She could have some fun with this one. It was much more entertaining messing with a snappy horse rather than one who sat idly by and let her tease and harass until she got bored.

"All right, easy then, just telling my friend here," she nudged Merida, "to lay off so you can give your explanation. Believe me, I won't speak for others unless it's clear they can't figure stuff out," she joked, giving a false jovial smile.

Then, Heda proceeded to ask if anyone had any question. Iona jumped up and pranced around Heda as she all but screamed "I've got some, I've got some!"

She stopped right in front of the mare, her tone suddenly changing to a serious one, "Why did you want Loess? And what can you do to prove yourself worthy of the title of Queen here?"
    The Tin Man was minding his business as usual--his flank had healed with a moderate scar and he got along with everyone because MOST horses did that, so there hadn't really been anything to talk about.

Until now, when he'd scented a new arrival and started drifting ever closer as he grazed. He kept about fifteen or twenty yards back as someone else caught the new mare's attention, which was a pretty wise decision once Newbie started talking about how she was a princess and something-something-claiming, something-something-take-what-you-want, something-something-"I-ain't-leaving-without-a-fight."

"Oh no, another one." Yeah, he's staying right here.
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    A mare sashays up to her and Merida’s black ears fall passively against the fiery red of her mane. She snorts with skepticism, her red eyes rolling upwards as the black of her lids fall over them in a slow blink. Lips press together as she tries to contain herself as Iona so flippantly joins the conversation, upbeat and open-minded at the idea of being ruled. Perhaps Merida had only experienced the types of monarchies that were run more like dictatorships, but the mare was not keen on being merely a subservient dweller in Loess. She had agreed to live here because it was a haven for those without traits and magic so that they could live peacefully without fear of those who were more powerful. As her eyes trace the brilliant wings at Heda’s side and the conflicting feeling of happiness she felt while she knew she was extremely frustrated sent Merida’s skin prickling with hesitancy.

Heda seems to be incredulous by the two mares who have come to greet her, though Merida is not surprised by this reaction. Of course, it would have been wonderful if Merida wasn’t so damn stubborn and selfish about her own wellbeing, but she couldn’t help it. The fire in her belly demanded satisfaction and Merida knew damn well that if she didn’t fight for herself and her freedom, no one else would. 

Despite the turmoil of thoughts rambling in her head, the black mare felt strangely calm. She couldn’t figure out why and it displeased her slightly. In the past, another traited horse had controlled her, and though this was not like that instance in any way, Merida could not help the familiar prick of helplessness that swims inside her. It made her all the more fearful for herself, though Merida never showed fear as what it was – it was normally laced with frustration or anger.

Iona nudges her and once again, eyes roll upwards.

Words, words, and more words. The black mare tilts her head as she listens intently, the sweet voice of the buckskin filling her ears as she promises to prove her worth. Merida simply snorts in response. Just because no one has stepped up doesn’t mean it needs to be you, she doesn’t say – partly because the girl was right. Merida sighs deeply, closing her eyes for a moment. Anyone could have strolled into Loess and taken the helm, maybe Merida should be glad it was only Heda who thought to do so.  
    When she opens her eyes, she merely looks at Heda plainly. Iona begins to jump excitedly next to her and the black mare remains emotionless, unable to share in the pure joy that the chocolate mare next to her was feeling. Iona’s questions were rather insightful though and Merida looks forward to hearing what Heda would say.

“Pangea has fallen and displaced many residents – residents that I have met face to face and would rather not meet again. My life and its protection is more precious to me than what you call yourself. Protect Loess and protect us. And when you have shown me how it is you’ve earned your title, that will be the day I refer to you by it.”
    Heda
    Her attention deviates back and forth, between the two mares. One whom is is fiery, her temper and haste growing more elusive by the second and the other optimistic and concerned whom has drowned Heda's ears with questions so abrupt and quick one after the other. Like lighting striking a rod, she strikes once more without any lack of hesitance her tone, but as their queen, their new guardian she welcomes them with an open mind. One after the other pondering pondering as the mare continued on her short little parade of queries, that almost seemed never ending. But when this optimistic words cease to exist, she stares trying to think on her feet before answering.

"Loess.. Is close to my heart. Ever since I arrived here to join in on the games held here, I immediately fell in love, I mean who can blame me?" Her gaze meets the girl once more, as she allows her hazel gems to wander about playfully. "Crota put so much heart and effort into everything she did here, and I admire that, and wish to do the same." Her wings flutter for moment, gaining some comfort in her own words before adding on to answer another query of hers. "I will prove my self through dedication to make Loess in my own image, to make her a sanctuary for those who need her the most. To kindle the hearts of lost minds, and forgotten souls, and to comfort those whom are at a loss. Loess will become the epicenter of peace, she shall hold no central part in any quarrel for she will be the neutral ground for those who wish to escape." Her words are powerful and embellished with a pinch of hope, and perhaps even freedom.

Soon enough another joins the little group, he seems friendly but what he remarks isn't the most pleasing of statements. "Pardon me?"  She glances down at him, with a rather welcoming grin fitted onto her velvet lips. "Hello there, would you like to join us?" Her words are friendly, and not the least bit threatening but he stays in place silenced, and so she directs her attention to Merida.

The fiery girl was concerned by the possible Pangea refuges that might come their way, and she is aware of this. Heda doesn't Hesitate, to answer, for merida is concerned about her own livelihood, about protection of her and the others, about the protection of Heda's  people. And with simple words she states, "Not to worry Merida, you and your comrades under the protection of Taiga. No one shall lay a finger upon any of you. And if the refuges of Pangea come, let them come but, they must abide to our peace terms, for violence shall not reign within Loess, only diplomacy." She responds, plainly, her tone flecked with joy, and bliss. 

"But before we call our selves diplomats, we must gain the trust of others, kingdoms and sub-kingdoms. We must befriend rulers, and abide to terms, open up our own arms to their needs if necessary. I need volunteers to venture with me to other faring kingdoms." She glances about for a moment before continuing. "We as well need to defend ourselves, despite our new docile nature there will always be a need for protection, therefore we need troops to do the protecting, for we cannot always rely on Taiga." She ends, golden lobes swiveling towards the group, curious to see who would join her on kingdom visits, and who would join the kingdoms defenses. 
    html by call

If you have any other castes in mind let me know <3
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Hearts will never be practical,
    until they can be unbreakable.
    (But I still want one.)

Things were going pretty well with his not-involvement a distance off, but he snorted when he heard Miss Princess say "docile kingdom." What did she expect in a place where nobody'd been living for ages? A herd of a thousand horses and fighters patrolling the borders? He went a few yards closer.

"Honey, there's about five of us," he pointed out. He didn't really care if it was wrong, but he knew it wasn't in the double digits. "OF COURSE we're depending on another kingdom for help. We've only been living here for a month and I'm pretty sure half of us don't really know each other." He switched his tail a few times.

"And yeah, I know you just said you have a plan to bulk up numbers, but all that stealing's going to take a while and we're probably only going to get two or three at a time. Do you really think people from the other places are gonna volunteer to leave their home for some newbie kingdom with barely anyone living here?"

The Tin Man