• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire only
    i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way.
    i don't need you to understand that i'm already saved.
      It is a wonder neither have spoken before – for where there was one, there was the other, not far off in the distance – by circumstance, certainly, but nonetheless a circumstance that had struck her as ironic. Birthed into a world rife with tension, violence – death, with blood draped over dry, golden vegetation, and with carcasses littering the plain, it had been a time of strife and of vengeance.

A wretched time to be born (she is not fazed by the stench of death; it had been too prevalent in her earliest days – it was every bit as much a part of her as the wistful memories of the ocean breeze, or her first flight), but alas, there is prowess and power embedded within the tender marrow of their bones, and laden in their blood – and thus, perhaps, being birthed into war had served them well.

Alas, it is the first time either had actually spoken, diplomacy aside (and truthfully, if it were not for ego and self-preservation, the two might have once been favorable companions). She cannot conceal the wry chuckle, nor can she keep it from bubbling up within her throat at her clever quip. ”Yes,” she murmurs, amusement laced in her tone. ”perhaps so.”

”That is an interesting ability you have, Heartfire,” she muses after a long moment, her hazel eyes studying her with a sudden intensity – there is a sensation prickling in her own mind;  an intrusive disturbance. Though she does not know that it is visual prowess she has, mind reading is a possibility flittering across her mind, and that is more than enough information to gauge her. ”I doubt that your question is necessary if you can so easily read my thoughts.”

A pause, as she quietly moves nearer to her, her voice low as her gold-flecked gaze bores into her own, as steady and as forceful as hers – she would not stand down; nor would she be fooled by any pathetic attempt to seem soft-spoken or meek. She knew better.

”Our children are a part of us,” she murmurs, mischief glimmering in the heart of her eyes, still steadily set upon her. ”a single thread unraveled from our own cores. And in return for revenge, you gave your fertility. An interesting bargaining chip.”

A pause, and then a murmur – so low, it may as well be a growl.

”You’ll have to forgive me, but I do not trust those who lie with snakes.”
    Ellyse

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire - by Ellyse - 05-30-2017, 02:06 PM