• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire only

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

The forest is almost a second home to her, an escape from the mundane, the everyday life. The trees, somehow weighty and ancient despite their relative newness, are as familiar and comfortable as her own skin. She had long since memorized every groove and every limb (the better to find those she seeks, but that is almost secondary). So it should come as no surprise that she might be found within their dark and secretive depths. She often could be.

What does come as a surprise is the intrusion. Of course, she had not been paying any particular attention. Her focus had been distant, her mind far removed, contemplating the woes of life and all of its inevitable changes. All the ways it sought to thwart her.

And so, though her body is present, blue and white skin dappled in the dim light, her mind is not. At least, not until she hears the crunch of ice, the sound of her name on another's lips.

Her gaze turns to find a familiar gold and white form. Though they hardly know each other, she recognizes her with no difficulty. “Ellyse,” she responds, her tone neither welcoming nor dismissive, but rather carefully neutral. “I imagine the same things that bring you here, so far from home.”

It's an old song and dance, one she's more than happy to play. At least, until the next question falls impudently from Ellyse’s lips.

For a moment, she is rather confounded by the query. She has done a fair amount of negotiating in her life, but she cannot think of one which this mare might have been privy to. However, it takes her only a quick search of the other woman's visual history to provide the answer.

Cool blue gaze chilling to the iciest depths of winter, she shifts her gaze to boldly hold the other woman's eyes. One equine brow rising, she continues in a deceptively soft spoken tone, “And who says I have given anything of myself away?”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire - by Heartfire - 05-28-2017, 12:36 PM