• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue on black, tears on a river [any/nymph]
    A gentle frown finds the curve of his lips as she admits her disappointment that Warrick is not who she was hoping he would be. He listens intently, however (as he always does), as she explains her reason for entering the tropical and sweltering landscape. The names that left her lips where familiar but unimportant to him, though he enjoys the fact that she tells him a brief history. Just from a single glance, Warrick could tell she was someone of importance, as if he should have known her already. When she mentions the Reckoning, his blue eyes soften – not with sympathy (for he could tell that this woman did not need anyone’s pity) but with compassion as he remembers the displacement caused by that fateful day, not by just himself but the entire world of Beqanna. The blue-tipped woman, Kimber, closes her statement shortly once she mentions Nymphetamine, and Warrick flicks his ears back passively.

“I have only seen him once and that was very long ago.” He answers her almost hesitantly, wishing he had better information to give her, that he was of more help. The last time he had seen the brilliant bay stallion had been the last time that Warrick also saw Magnus, when the crown passed to Lucrezia.

His indigo-tipped ears flick forward curiously, as she tosses around the word has-been as if she had used it appropriately. He cannot help but snort softly when it left her lips and a single brow pricks in amusement. “I’m sorry,” he says to her with a light chuckle, “But you are not a very convincing ‘has been’.” She asks him to show her around, which was actually one of his favorite things to do for newcomers, though she did not seem very new. In fact, he felt like he was more new than she was. He smiles lightly, though it falters a moment as he hears someone approaching.

Silent and gliding, Warrick’s gaze watches as the blood bay seemingly emerges from the shadows. The smile he wore only moments ago now returns, almost satisfactorily as it finds its way to his lips. He is almost embarrassed at the fact that he is now probably ruining what could have been an emotional reunion, but the contentment of the two finding each other overwhelms that for a moment. “Warrick,” he says with a pleased grin, giving Nymphetamine a nod in his introduction. His blue eyes shift to Kimber with a smile and a gentle laugh, “Now I’ve seen him twice.”

Warrick takes a few steps forward to continue on his way, not particularly wanting to stay and linger while the two caught up with each other. “I’m sure he’s more than capable of giving you the tour,” he says with a nod towards the other stallion, and then back towards the blue-dipped mare. “It was wonderful meeting you, Kimber. I can’t wait to see you push some dirt around here.” Another smile and a deep chuckle, before he begins to move off into the morning sun as he makes his way to the shoreline of Tephra.

like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

OMG he’s such a sucker for happy endings :’) makes his heart happy! Lol. If you want him to stay just say so, or start going with him to the beach, but I’m totally fine with him leaving Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: blue on black, tears on a river [any/nymph] - by Warrick - 06-06-2017, 06:17 PM