• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Strangers with memories, Naira;

The eyes are the window to the soul. Thats what they always say, isn’t it? Well, it was what her mother always told her anyways. In those of the stranger before her she saw an empty affability that seemed to somehow contradict itself. He watched her in her panic, not encroaching on her space and keeping a comforting distance.

As the ink of the night stained the sky above him, she squinted her eyes in an attempt to better pick out his dark features against the equally dark backdrop. The damp glistening of sweat kissing his shoulder and leg reflecting off the light of the moon were her only real clues as to his whereabouts. He took a graceful, calculated step forward and a smile swept the corners of his lips. His long, handsome face softened and warmed towards her, and that pesky blush that she was always trying so hard to get rid of appeared yet again and stained her golden cheeks.

She crept unconsciously towards him, her chilled body seeking the heat that she assumed he could provide. In the short amount of time that they had been standing there, the chill in the air had already dampened her coat, darkening it from it’s normal pastel gold to a shade that more closely resembled brown, and she had started to shiver lightly.

“Seriath…” she whispers, tasting the way his name fell off of her tongue before shaking her head, perhaps a bit too vehemently, at his next words, “It, was my own fault, I was in my own little world,” a giggle escaped her pale lips at a joke that she determined did not yet need to be told. His same smile never wavered, although it did seem to become a bit more forced the longer he waited for her answer.

She shook her head once more, less forceful this time as some of the same emptiness she felt radiating off of him spilled over the deep brown of her eyes. “Home…” she didn’t know what to say. If she said she was homeless, would she be a pariah in this new and strange version of Beqanna? Maybe with some, but she felt a kindred spirit in Seriath and decided she would rather face the potential judgement than lie to someone she had only just met. She squared her narrow shoulders and met his light charcoal eyes. “Home is not a place I have had in my life in quite a while,” She stated smoothly. A meek smile touched her mouth, “In truth, I was only trying to find somewhere safe to sleep for the night."

naira

we'll be dancing in the kitchen in the pale moonlight

Messages In This Thread
    Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Seirath - 05-05-2017, 09:00 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Naira - 05-05-2017, 11:56 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Seirath - 05-09-2017, 10:14 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Naira - 05-12-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Seirath - 05-14-2017, 06:40 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Naira - 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Seirath - 05-16-2017, 08:24 PM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Naira - 05-17-2017, 12:11 AM
    RE: Strangers with memories, Naira; - by Seirath - 05-17-2017, 05:15 PM