• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || warrick

He is thankful for her familiar presence; not only was she something solid and warm to keep him grounded, but the two share concern for each other. Their conversations were few and mostly said without words themselves – but he could not deny that there was some type of tether that kept them from drifting too far one way or another. Perhaps it is because they have felt same loss and abandonment (though neither would address it), and they find each other just to be sure that there was still someone here to cling to – a familiar face to reassure that you are not truly and utterly alone.

Warrick is honest with her, though not fully. He can tell her how he feels but he cannot tell her why. The reason was already more than he could bear simply in his mind – speaking it into life would seem impossible, unfathomable. His heart churns violently inside of his chest, squirming and twisting; trying to squeeze it’s way back into normalcy to no avail. It was trying and tiring for him, to pretend that all was well and that he was not overcome with anguish and loss.

She presses against him and he breathes deeply, inhaling her scent as if it held the cure. The warmth of her breath and her pale skin brings him comfort, closing his eyes tenderly as he shudders an exhale. A single ear flicks towards her and an eye prys open, a slightly curious look on his auburn face. “Nothing?” he replies, his brow furrowing confusedly. “You may not be just your title, but you certainly are not nothing.” He opens his other eye now, turning his head to look at her quizzically. But he understands. He is no one, too. Those who matter the most have forgotten his name, and therefore, he is no one. Perhaps he should have told her that instead.

When she moves from him, he instinctively leans his body towards her – merely casual shift in weight on his hooves – though he did so because he truly did not enjoy the crisp, salty air that took her place.

His eyes are on the waves now, too. He watches them as if there is something just beneath the surface, though he knows they hold no answers. She laughs and an ear flicks towards her. He always liked that he could make her laugh, even if it was quietly and even if he wasn’t meaning to do it. His gaze peers at her from beneath his dark forelock, a lopsided smirk twitching on the side of his indigo lips. After a few moments, silence grows between them as her words fade into the howl of the ocean’s strong wind.

“Ellyse,” he says her name desperately, quietly, reaching out. “I cannot keep my head above the water for much longer.”

Tell me how to stay afloat.

w a r r i c k

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || warrick - by Warrick - 05-01-2017, 05:07 PM