• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if looks could kill i'd be an uzi - ruan
    "A union. Not an alliance -something more."

He watched her closely, noting the vibrant light in her eyes of what he thought might be honesty, the easy way she stood comfortably, her fluid movement as she gestured to their blended trees overhead. Everything seemed at ease between them, practically strangers as they were. It was hard for him to trust others lately, with everything that had happened so recently, strong bonds suddenly and surprisingly broken. But he thought with time, he might come to trust her. Perhaps. He knew her far better than any other ruler, something he should remedy soon. Still, it wasn't familiar enough that he felt comfortable joining with her territory and her people in such an intimate way before knowing them better.

Not an alliance, but something more.
    A single kingdom.

"But we will count our people as one in times of need, and consider each other equals."

He smiled wryly, mildly amused. "We are already equals, are we not?" he questioned pointedly, remembering the first and last time they'd met where she had not been so forthcoming with her status as a leader. But surely she must be, to be proposing such a serious change to two kingdoms.

"Perhaps we would still count ourselves as one in times of need," he gave with a noncommittal shrug. Possible alliance? "The Taiga and its people have been through great change in a short time, and I'm not prepared to press more on us so soon. Most especially, not without more knowledge. I haven't been around to the other kingdoms since rising as leader here, and haven't yet established where they stand and who they are." Where you stand, who you are. Yes, he would definitely need to remedy that very soon. He had trusted his wife -ex-wife- to manage all political dealings, her having the most experience between them, but he needed to step up and take care of it for himself now. He had neglected that far longer than he'd meant to in his time of mourning.

Well passed time to buck up, get over it, and take care of these things.

"Is this an offer to visit, then? To learn more about you and your people?" He paused, quietly pensive for a few moments. Then asked carefully, deliberately, "Where would you suggest to begin when meeting other territories?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if looks could kill i'd be an uzi - ruan - by Ruan - 04-29-2017, 10:13 PM