• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any
    Eiria laughs when Ivar says he'd like to meet Zhenga. "Well, if you wish, I know where she likes to spend most of her days. I can lead you there, if you'd like, so you could meet her."

The colt suddenly seemed interested in the bird again, leaving Eiria for a moment. The mare walked after him, keeping quiet and watching him curiously. How could he find a bird so interesting? True, creatures capable of flight had a way to see the world that Eiria could not even begin to imagine. Still, it was a small bird, but enough to keep Ivar busy. It was quite adorable, watching the colt follow after the bird.

The duo remained wordless for some time before Ivar asked Eiria about the Falls. She was taken aback a moment, wondering what to say. She had not talked of her old home in so long. Especially not around her dam, whose memories got dragged up every time it was mentioned. She knew Anahi didn't like up dragging memories of the past, especially because she remembered Archam every time that happened. So, to spare her the pain, Eiria always tried to make sure nobody spoke of the Falls when her dam was around.

But, now, they were in the clear, so it was safe. She would make sure to leave out what exactly caused the disappearance of the Falls, since Ivar's young age might not make it easy for him to understand.

"Well, this Beqanna, right now, was not always this way. Many moons ago, the land was totally different, full of other wonderful kingdoms, like the Falls, where I used to live. All I know for certain was that there was a... misunderstanding, to put it lightly. Beqanna got angry with what happened, and suddenly changed, so quickly that may family members were separated from each other. That is why, to this day, I do not think either of my brothers or sister have shown up.

"But the Falls was a beautiful land. It had wide open grazing meadows, a forest to provide cover for the entire kingdom, and a wonderful waterfall sitting right in the middle, leading into a big lake. My dam's territory that she shared with her lead stallion and his herd was above the waterfall, along some ridges and meadows. It was a wonderful place to live in, and while I am sad it is now gone, Sylva is a great place as well. I think you will continue to enjoy it for a long time."

She looked at the colt, "I know I already offered, but would you like to go meet Zhenga? I do not think she is busy at this time of day."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any - by Eiria - 04-09-2017, 07:54 PM