• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Circinae

Oh, my love, don't forsake me
    Take what the water gave me

Forgiveness comes easily to her. Where would she be if others hadn’t extended the same courtesy to her, after all? When she reveals them, her past transgressions, there hasn’t been a soul to hold it against her. That is, of course, every soul except the one she abandoned. Time tells her such a forgiveness may never come. Raeanne had not been seen or heard from in a very long time and Circinae had searched for her in vain. It’s the only stone she carries anymore in her heart, the only ghost that haunts her in the night.

This is why Jinju’s tepid call for her only arouses a smile where others might frown. Youthfulness, she knows, is a burden all on its own and the reaction she had garnered from some of the others had certainly put her out, but not off, of her game. It’s not hard to intercept the black mare, (she is a mare now, that much is clear) since Jinju had already been on the lookout for her, a faint but warm “Jinju, what a pleasant surprise.” offered in greeting. The bicolored shifter feels no tension, no reason to be short or ill-tempered with the other Taiga member.

She only smiles, extends that soft, forest green nose, and asks “Is everything alright?” before settling comfortably near to her inky companion. These past few weeks have been strained - for everyone - and Circy can’t help but feel a stab of joy that out of all the others she could’ve come to, Jinju’s chosen to come directly to her. It makes her feel, for the first time, like she might belong.

Lay me down--
    Let the only sound be the overflow

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-03-2017, 09:52 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-05-2017, 07:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-06-2017, 12:11 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 02:13 PM