• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Beauty in the Night

Sabriyya Amin
    The Cherry Blossom
    Wings flapped gently in the night breeze as the bright spotted mare soared over the tops of the trees. Her chopped mane waved gently in the breeze as she twisted and turned in the air. The Knabstrupper x Andalusian mare loved doing tricks in the air, especially doing the tricks and turns her hawk wings allowed her to do. Light laughs escaped the spotted mare as she soared and twisted in the air. Spotting a break in the trees, the pegasus angled her wings downwards to move down towards the clearing. Tucking her wings closer to her body, she twisted around as she darted into the clearing. Wings furled back outward and the front of her wings dipped backwards to help her slow down. Sabriyya landed gracefully on the ground, trotting a few strides with the momentum of her landing. Wings stayed unfurled for a moment as she shook them out, making sure no feathers were caught against each other. The mare then tucked her wings against her sides, and walked over to a tree that allowed for a nice view of the sky. Tucking her legs beneath her, the mare laid down on the ground. Hazel eyes looked up towards the sky, smiling at the beauty of the stars twinkling in the night.

C R O T A

Nights like these were what made the spotted mare take to wandering around the open lands of Beqanna. It wasn't often that a night went missed where she took a few well deserved hours to herself to enjoy the summers clear night skies with its hundreds if not thousands of twinkling stars dotted elegantly across its dark blue expanse. It was beautiful the way the wind traveled through the trees, causing the leaves to dance and play along with it, just barely cooling the land below enough to make things tolerable; how the silence rang not eerily, but instead peacefully through the open expanses.

It was an escape this type of night, from the hustle and bustle of the responsibilities and duties that the day required of her to follow through with. With careful steps, the wblack leopard spotted POA made her way through the trees, her short stocky legs carrying her with elegant ease as the sound of her hoofbeats echoed through the nighttime's silence. It was a night where she wasn't particularly looking for anything, just simply temporarily enjoying being away from the duties of starting a home she had laid claim to. 

For over the past weeks she had been working herself to the bone. Multiple trips to the field for potential recruits had been tiresome, so had creating plans for what the hills may one day become. It was hard, and she had realized that being so new to it. Though it wasn't something she disliked. She actually enjoyed the hard work it was taking. Well, no, she loved it - it's in the middle of these thoughts though when she hears the faint rustle of wings in the distance up above and with a swift look upwards she see's the spotted winged pegasus soaring in for a landing a short distance away. For a moment she hesitates, not sure if she should bother another's peaceful night.

But after a few moments she is trotting in the direction of the other, gently curving around trees until finally she finds the pegasus laying down and staring up at the night sky in a beautiful clearing. "Beautiful aren't they?" She smiles, her voice soft so as not to startle the other. "I too enjoy the stars... I'm crota, what's your name?"

@[Sabriyya]

Sabriyya Amin
    The Cherry Blossom
    The pegasus mare was startled slightly by the voice that came in the night. Her wings unfurled slightly in her slight shock, Spotted wings then tucked back against her sides as she realized it was only another mare.
    "My mother used to show me the constellations back home. I don't remember many of them, and the stars here are different." The leopard mare said, ruffling her feathers.

Hazel eyes turned towards the other mare as she introduced herself. "My name is Sabriyya Amin, daughter of Hamalah Amin and Johara Amin." Pure white tail swished along the ground as the pegasus turned her attention back towards the starry sky.

@[crota]
    Canaan
    so often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
     He is so often among the stars beneath the midnight canopy, the breadth of his winged appendages outstretched to each side with a gentle gust cradled beneath them – so often so, that it nearly unnerves him to be rooted to the soft soil below.  Alas, the wanderlust that was so deeply embedded into the very marrow of his bones seemed to wane beneath eventide, and so for once, he is content to simply be - standing still under a tall, looming oak, with the soft rustling of leaves overhead to soothe him into a light slumber.

The pale moonlight settles across his golden skin, highlighting the muscle and precisely shaped bone of his masculine frame, as it drapes across the bristling, finely preened dark feathers tucked closely along his flank. His breathing is shallow, and faint – but the tranquility of the echoing silence is soon interrupted with the light rumbling of a voice, and then another (and the nearly missed utterance of names). Roused from his dozing stasis, his hazel eyes search the dimly lit shadow of the thicket, eyeing the two figures that linger along its edge with their gleaming eyes searching the starlit sky.

Quietly, he flexes the stiff muscles under his skin with a shrug of his shoulders, before ambling over to them. He is careful in his intention of announcing his presence; deliberately stepping on a twig, allowing its crackling to echo in the woodland. A faint, though tired smile tugs at the corner of his mouth – a lopsided grin, one to match the light in his eyes.

”And I’m Canaan,” he muses lightly, observing each of them carefully. ”I come from the river, north of here. ”I couldn’t help but to overhear. It’s a pleasure to meet you both.”

and we never even know we have the key.