• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hay, you got me weak on my knees [any]
    Winter, it has to be the single, most depressing season ever. It is absolutely, without a doubt, Anker’s least favorite.

First of all, it’s cold. Snow and sleet, gusty North winds that prickle your skin as they seep through your shaggy coat. Thankfully Anker had spent all Spring, Summer and Fall eating, building up a nice layer of fat to keep his insides warm. Then, if the cold didn’t get ya, there was the lack of food. I mean really, does all the good stuff have to freeze up and die? Sweet, sweet clover. Tender shoots of dandelions, their little yellow petals tasted like sunshine. The thought alone was enough to keep him warm but even his food fantasies were not enough to solve his grumpy attitude.

“Stupid,” he grunted, kicking away piles of snow, attempting to find some form of green goodness beneath. It was always brown though, or yellow, hard and brittle and crunchy. And no, not crunchy in a good way like fresh lettuce. Crunchy in the worst of ways, like over-toasted bread, dry and crumbling- cutting the roof of your mouth. He huffed as he kicked, becoming rather winded from all this work, why did it have to be so difficult to eat? It was too much and yet he remained diligent, scooting and cursing and digging.

“I hate winter,” he growled with a gruff voice, snorting his displeasure as he worked. It was time to move to a new spot, this one obviously had been picked clean. So, with a stomping gait he trudged along through  the piles of snow, a fawn colored butterball amidst the drifts. It was imperative that he eat, he could feel his blood sugar getting low and so he carried on his search. He would find some grub, even if he wasted away while doing so.  As the hours passed that became a real and frightening possibility for the buckskin. Death by starvation, how shameful.

One thing is for certain, no one would ever have trouble finding him.
    ANKER
    i was starving 'til i tasted you
    HTML by Call-words: 344
    Jinju
    The trail of picked clean spots of grass, with the snow somewhere else lying in a big pile, was as easy to follow as any else. She didn’t even have to put Ruan’s lessons into practise, she could simply move from one spot to the next, until her eyes found the buckskin form of the one that had caused them. It absolutely was not what Jinju had expected to find, rather surprised seeing a tall and fat horse. Well, perhaps not too surprising, as the trail had been going on for a while, he surely seemed to eat a lot.

A soft chuckle leaves her lips as she melts the snow at his feet. She didn’t need to start a fire, simply using the heath was enough to clear the task. ”That is perhaps something I can help you with” she greets him softly, a pleasant smile lingering on her lips as she curiously studies him. It was the first time that Jinju approached someone in the field on her own, without the protection from Ruan’s wing to hide under.  Her head tilts a little to the side, ruby eyes twinkling in the last daylight.

Compared to him she was lean. Not yet reached his height, but it probably wouldn’t last long before she did. She had already passed Reagan fair and square, next target was Ruan. Slowly she was getting bulkier too, but it wasn’t that far already. Like a typical two year old, her hindquarters stood a bit higher than her withers, all energy put into growing. Jinju’s coat was thin too, summer thin, since she didn’t need it to keep herself warm. Her fire did the job just fine, burning in her veins and warming her heart. Also towards this stranger, who seemed to have a pretty hard time to keep himself warm and fed, even though he looked like he had enough reserves to survive the winter.