• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this way, or no way, i'll be free. || kerberos & karris

look up here now; i'm in heaven. i've got scars that can't be seen.
       Blindness. It is a word he aches for; a word he longs to know intimately. The sun is too bright, and the world is illuminated in a way that causes some deep part of his mind to fester as if it were a wound split open by infection and neglect. The agony is insufferable, and in the midst of the migraines that settle into the rivets of his cranium, he often longs for death - for an end to the insufferable misery of eyesight. 

Though he had long known sight, his own had been filtered, and though many had seen his complex vision of fragmented pieces as a burden - as a flaw - he, himself, had never known anything but. Without his dense, compound eyes, he is exposed - and a thin layer of mere flesh could not shield him away enough from the prying light of day.

Worse yet, he was only a piece of what he had once been. Once standing upon six legs (four forelegs and two hind), he now only had two in each quadrant, leaving him unbalanced and immeasurably uncomfortable. It did not allow for the same fluidity and grace, and so he often remained rooted, with hooves he was too unfamiliar with settled into the shifting soil beneath him. Along the hollow of his body, no longer did a pair of thin, fragile wings fluttered gently in the brisk breeze of an autumn afternoon - he was naked, laid bare with golden skin and plain, common features. 

His own flesh did not feel as if it was his own, and there had been no reason for it - so many had been stripped away of their abilities, but not many had been stripped of their entire identity, left to wallow in the misery of adjustment as he was. A blistering rage had begun to consume him in the days, weeks and even months following the reckoning unleashed upon the unyielding lands, bristling across his handsome jawline and flawlessly sculpted body.

He loathed being normal.
       He loathed being beautiful.

A scent lingers in the frigid air, and the sun has begun to descend along the horizon, no longer filtering its disgusting light into the dense thicket in which he spent many hours and many moons. He emerges, hesitant but longing for the comfort of another - one who knew his anguish; who knew the discomfort of being within what felt like the skin of another for too long. His gait is uneasy, and his flesh tenses with each grazing touch of rough bark along his skin - he is still a stranger within this body; it is an intimacy he refuses to know or acknowledge.

Gently, his whiskered lips touch along the flank of another - she is beautiful, with a gently sloping spine and dry, soft hair lining the length of her feminine curves. Yet she, too, is not herself - not the way he had come to know her; not the way he had once cradled close beneath moonlit skies. Her jawline is defined, and his lips soon find it, the warmth of his breath lingering on her skin. She is the only thing he knows as a comfort; the only one who knows of his anguish.

"Karris," he breathes, but he says nothing else.   

elysium

this way or no way, i'll be free.

@[Kerberos] @[Karris]
    i'm waiting for this sky to fall, i’m waiting for a sign.
    i know you're out there; somewhere out there.

She can’t stand it.

She hates the way the wind whistles through the new hairs in her coat, hates the way they insulate her, keeping her unbearably warm. She hates the feeling of her hard, block-like equine teeth in her mouth, and the feeling of her new, strange, slimy tongue. And, most of all, particularly hates the taste and texture of all the plant life that she’s now forced to eat.

It’s funny, to miss it all so much when once her appearance had been a source of such insecurity. She’d once dreamed of being normal … but now that she has it, she loathes it with every fibre of her being.

She’d given it an honest try at first. In her darkest hours she’d settled down, tried to form a relationship with a stallion she’d met in the meadow …

It hadn’t lasted, to say the least.

So now she wanders, searching aimlessly for … she knows not what. But she feels lost, hopeless, incomplete. She doesn’t know what to do with herself any more.

She’s deep in the forest on this particular day, mind far away in better days. A scent catches her attention however and she looks up, her small head poised delicately in mid air.

And then suddenly he’s there.

She freezes, breath held as lips trace her flank, then continue in their journey all the way up to her jaw. Her dark head swings about eagerly, black eyes coming to rest on … a face that she’s never seen before.

She pauses, breath still held, eyes wide and considering. She’d know the scent anywhere, but that face …

Gone are the soft antennae branching out from the top of his skull. Gone is the long thin curling tongue, and gone are the beautiful, glistening faceted eyes (her favourite of his unusual features). But it’s him all the same. She releases her breath, exhaling his name (pronouncing it properly for the first time in her life). “Elysium.”

She struck by the sudden thought that her face must now be as strange to him as his is to her. What does he think of this new stranger standing before him? Does he miss her smooth, hairless skin? Her circular, toothy mouth? Or, god forbid … does he prefer the new Karris? The ordinary Karris.

She shakes her head imperceptibly at the thought. No. Elysium had always appreciated her for what she was. Had loved the strange parts of her, just as she had loved the strange parts of him. No. Elysium would miss her former strangeness. And he would understand the pain that she feels.

Tears well up in the corners of her black eyes and she steps forward, wrapping her neck about his shoulder (it’s the highest part of him she can reach). “I can’t stand it Elysium. I never thought I’d miss it. But I do. I miss it desperately.”

Karris
    all we are is all so far.

Fa la la la fuck but I’d never seen anyone more jacked-up looking in my life. Not on the surface, they were perfectly ordinary on the surface. But that shimmer of magic just under their skin, visible courtesy of one sexy beast of a fairy who’d hit me with a hot little spell and restored my shiny metal ass to all its former glory--mmm...what? Sorry, got a little distracted there. Too much sexy in one thought. She had been a delicious-looking, hadn’t she? All ferocity and--oh right, yeah, the weird freaky monster things hiding inside normal horse bodies. Too bizarre, too utterly fascinating, and I still had so much of that sexy witch’s magic itching underneath my skin.

Got a little distracted with that pretty little Lacey girl and forgot I had a mission or whatever. Lost in her body, in the blood, in painting her skin with those intricate little designs that prettied up her boring coat, I’d forgotten the way that magic pulled at me, the way it screamed in my veins and demanded to be set free. Unleashed. And hell if these two weren’t perfect for that, for unleashing something messed up and magnificent on the world. He was like a giant bug, shimmery wings and too many legs and that face. I could barely see it through the shimmer and the normal that masked it, but it was deliciously hideous, weird eyes, weirder mouth, those, what, antennae sticking out of his head? Awesome.

And she?

Holy shit, man, she was the stuff of nightmares, and it was fucking glorious. Those teeth, that skin, and they were wrapped around each other all cozy and adorable. Too perfect. God, he couldn’t even begin to resist. I walked right up to them and just set the magic free, letting it flow over them, unleashing their true forms. Setting them free. Mmm, every delightfully fucked up inch of them. “There now, much better.”

((Sorry it took forever and is kinda shitty. <3))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.