• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Finding hope...finding home - {ANY}

Her nimble legs quickly navigated over roots and paths of the forest, the wind whipping her mane she ran, not out of fear or trouble but for the sheer joy of running. Her bay coat flashed through the shadows of the trees. Her neat, able hooves did not make a single step wrong, after all she had grown up here with her mother, running through the trees with the friends as a young foal. She was still young of course but her mother had left her recently.
      she came to a stop before she reached the meadow outskirts her nostrils flaring. She had grown up at her mothers side in the loose, ever changing herds of the forest...
     She watched out over the tall grasses and serenity of the meadow but turned preferring the cover and comfort the the trees she had grown with...
       her mother had left her, not out of spite or malevolence but because she had to move on... 'loner' horses don't stay as a family for long.
     Occasionally she would see horses she played with as a foal but she was grown now, a horse of her own mind.

Mirri
    Don't assume I will follow and drop all my morals...
    The grullo mare winds her way through the woods, watching the way the sun trickled through the canopy overhead, creating a myriad of designs on the forest floor. It does the same to her tri-color coat, speckling the smokey grullo of her skin and the single splash of tobiano white across her withers. The frosted hairs of her mane are in striking contrast, and they drape across her exceedingly strong primitive shoulder barring.

Her eye-catching coat, doe-like figure, and bright seagreen gaze makes her more than easy on the eyes, but there is nothing in the grullo's demeanor that hints she finds her looks to be her most valuable asset. She walks a meandering path, clearly out for the simple joy of movement, and her gaze flits from here to there with open curiosity.

When she comes across a bay filly standing at the head of her trail, she offers the girl a warm and friendly smile. "Hey there," she says, her voice clear and utterly lacking the daintiness of her appearance. Djinni comes to stand beside the younger horse and look out at the Field. She is careful to keep a comfortable distance between them though, and for a while she's quiet as she looks out at the clearing.

"I'm more of a forest girl myself too," she finally says to break the silence, referring to the way that the bay horse had cling to the forest rather than the open meadow. "But I suppose everything has its perks."

She gives another friendly smile, adding: "I'm Djinni, by the way. What's your name?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Mirri turned to see a smokey colored mare approaching her but did not fear for her safety. Hearing the mare address her she smiled and replied "yes i do prefer the forest, its where i grew up" she said smiling. the mare had a elegant relaxed demeanor and had gentle sea green that enhanced and he dished face. She was definitely a pretty horse but the gentle, wise way she held herself is what made you feel at ease, "hi Djinnni, i'm Mirri" she replied interest in her voice, " im guessing you come from Nerine, I cans smell the salt in your coat"

Mirri
    It is refreshing to not have to look up at Mirri; there are few horses her own height in Beqanna. So many of the residents are tall. The bay mare is almost directly at eye level, and Djinni is pleasantly relieved to not have to crane her neck upwards. She could always grow, she tells herself in such situations, but why bother?

"Not this forest, I'm guessing?" She asks curiously. "One outside Beqanna?"

As she says it, it occurs to her that perhaps this place they are standing is outside Beqanna as well. The world had reformed around them, and none of the woods that Djinni has known before are anywhere to be found. But those are melancholy thoughts, and this is a lovely late summer day. She brushes them away quickly, long before they have a chance to appear on her dark face.

"I do live in Nerine," replies the grulla mare with another easy smile. "Do you know of it?"
    D J I N N I

"no not this forest" she replied, memories flooding back to her, "my mother left me in a forest far away, I followed the forests here and I liked living here so I stayed." she replied

Mirri

OOC: sorry its short but i am rushing
    Djinni is not surprised, but she only bobs her head politely - making it clear that she is listening. When anitra mentions being left in the Forest by her mother, the grey mate tilts her head curiously. There is a question in her expression, but she does not voice it aloud, knowing that some things are more comfortable when admitted rather than inquired. Still, the question churns in her mind: When had Mirri been left? As a child? Or as a young adult, ready to test her metaphorical wings in the world?

Djinni hopes it is the latter, but does not pry.

"You said you'd heard of Nerine?" She asks again, "What do you know of it?"
    D J I N N I