• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl, anyone
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Their eyes meet, albeit briefly, before they stare at the ocean with its glistening surface. It’s alive around them, churning by the current that curls around their legs. Out here, it’s tranquil while most of the members keep to the sandy shores. Nayl spares a glance over her shoulder to observe the towering cliffside before hearing the humor, then rigidity, in Djinni’s voice. The grulla is as close to a friend as the queen would ever allow of anyone; she has a natural mistrust of most of her peers. There is always at least one that would be the origin of her downfall. So, she doesn’t allow herself to appear weak in front of anyone. With her mind heavily barricaded all she is required to do is hold herself strongly and confidently.

And so, she does not waver from this as Djinni shoots a counter back. A brow curiously lifts underneath her forelock; it’s the only hint of surprise at the grulla’s words. ”Easy being a Queen? No, I wouldn’t expect it to be,” she anticipates challenges and feeds off the excitement for them, ”I just didn’t think Naga would so quickly hand the throne to me.” The battle concluded abruptly and suddenly they were home with the crown being handed over. Nayl wanted more adventure, more cunning, more obstacles. The victory would have tasted sweeter then, but Naga deprived her of that tantalizing morsel. Now, it just seems unreal and as though she stole candy from a child.

There is much to do to improve the coast and return life to its sandy shores. Nayl wants to look behind her and see others finding themselves locked in conversation. She wants to see the herd flourish and create a new and powerful reputation.

She wants a legacy.

Her mind reels even before Djinni asks what she can do. By the time her head turns to truly see the genie (and to see that coy grin) Nayl has already contemplated her answer. A smile crawls across her lips and mirrors her sister, her voice gentle but provoking. ”Our sisters want an alliance,” their concerns echo in the back of her mind, ”So I think we need some new friends, Djinni.”

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl, anyone - by Nayl - 12-11-2016, 07:39 PM