• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waves of change { ANY }
    Stillwater

Do not pout so, kitten. It is not becoming on you.

His voice was soothing silk as he flowed to her side, joining her view to look to the sea. It had been a long time since they had last seen each other. He hadn't even bothered to tell her he was leaving, he had simply ebbed away with the dawn's tide when he heard her women planning. Plotting and scheming how they would force a ritual of scars, or even deny the land of any males. It was a foolish notion, primitive and barbaric, and even their queen had seen the wisdom in change.

But she didn't have what it took to deny them. She was the queen, but they were the rulers. She would go along with their decisions and primitive demands simply because she feared losing them. Their queen, strong though she was in so many ways, was too young and naive to see they were manipulating her, nudging and prodding her into what they desired.

Had he spoken up on her behalf as he dearly wished to do, they would have chased him out and denied his return. So instead of demanding they respect their Queen, heaven forbid they bend their stiff necks for anyone but themselves, he'd left. Before they would riddle her ship with holes and watch their captain sink with it.

You've been missing. It was an observation, not an accusation.

Silence. There had been so much silence. He had returned to find a wasteland, not a soul in sight save for one. Their queen's scent had faded to only memory, and her followers had, well, followed. Only teasing fragrances on a drifting breeze would occasionally recall a time when the land fed a band of men and women. Now, as they both looked out towards the caves along the coast and their piece of ocean, it was only them.

He noted they were looking in the direction of the cavern he'd lived in, back when the two of them had inhabited this paradise, back before her people rallied to her. He'd missed that damn cave more than he'd realized was possible to miss a thing, a place. A slow smile slid across his lips and he turned a little to watch her stare toward his home.

Did you miss me, kitten?
    Of course she hadn't, but he couldn't pass up the chance to tease her. Maybe that pretty face with her heavy eyes was still capable of a smile.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    waves of change { ANY } - by Naga - 11-23-2016, 06:19 PM
    RE: waves of change { ANY } - by Stillwater - 11-23-2016, 07:16 PM
    RE: waves of change { ANY } - by Simeon - 11-25-2016, 02:02 AM